Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

well apart from being in the same Geographical location. in the same MPs ward

they all suffered the same grime and dirt from the same factorys or did your washing stay the same briliant white colour when you hung your washing out

Olive Reivers lived in grimesthorpe before moving to willoughby street .i believe it was at rothay road about no 48

Two thirds of the city

suffered the same dirt and grime from the factories, it wasn't the area you came from it was the people who lived there and Grimmies were among the best.There are places today i for one wouldn't be seen dead living in, so start to get all the facts and all the reasons, before pulling this thread to bits, and don't take heed of those who say they lived in Grimesthorpe, but now think they are above us mere mortals.

well put howden,who was the old fellow from hunsley st i lived on there but can't recall anyone doing card tricks.i must know you because they were my watering holes,especially the whooker.:thumbsup:

I can't for the life of me remember his name, I was very young at the time.

Looking from Grimesthorpe Road down Hunsley Street he lived on the left hand side probably three or four doors down.

He used to have half a dozen kids sat on the pavement outside his front door.

He was really proffesional, he must have been in his fifties when I was about ten.

The Alex was my main haunt, Norman was the landlord, plenty of afters :gag:

I can't for the life of me remember his name, I was very young at the time.

Looking from Grimesthorpe Road down Hunsley Street he lived on the left hand side probably three or four doors down.

He used to have half a dozen kids sat on the pavement outside his front door.

He was really proffesional, he must have been in his fifties when I was about ten.

The Alex was my main haunt, Norman was the landlord, plenty of afters :gag:

hi howden,joan and norman was my mates sister/brother-in-law sadly both passed away.

Thank-you.Karen and Andrea Wildgoose lived on Rothay-Janice and Malcolm Grainger also rothay and Kenneth Farmer -Birdwell Rd. When I know how I will post photos of others.--

Hi KayLis

I seem to remember Janice Grainger

I think she was in my class at Owler Lane.

I may know Kenneth Farmer too but I

cant put a face to the name

Hi all,:wave: can anyone remember the old lady that lived on the left of Botham St, going down from Grimesthorpe Rd. she used to make toffee apples, and sell them to kids who went to back door for a penny, toffee apples just don't seem to taste the same somehow.

hi howden,joan and norman was my mates sister/brother-in-law sadly both passed away.

Sorry to hear that, he was a very nice man.

i am so sorry miller.

i just meant it in a bit of fun.

didnt realise it would cause any upset.

please assept my apoliges..

no probs. jennyren, it's just that we are trying not to upset people, or make them feel like they can't ask any questions, or feel like they are intruding, people are welcome to ask questions and we hope we can answer them, we are a friendly lot really, you should try to come to one of the re-unions and join in, we have a good time and enjoy new company that can bring stuff up so that it jogs our memories and starts the ball rolling again.:thumbsup:

Hi all,:wave: can anyone remember the old lady that lived on the left of Botham St, going down from Grimesthorpe Rd. she used to make toffee apples, and sell them to kids who went to back door for a penny, toffee apples just don't seem to taste the same somehow.

Yes i can Terry nad you have never tasted a toffee apple as good since, her name was Mrs Jones, she did live on left hand side but about 5 doors down from Petre st, you could also have them dipped in coconut, eh up what memories:hihi::love:

i am so sorry miller.

i just meant it in a bit of fun.

didnt realise it would cause any upset.

please assept my apoliges..

You don't need to apologise to me, just don't feed the trolls, as the saying goes, ignore them and they'll go away.:thumbsup:

Yes i can Terry nad you have never tasted a toffee apple as good since, her name was Mrs Jones, she did live on left hand side but about 5 doors down from Petre st, you could also have them dipped in coconut, eh up what memories:hihi::love:
couldn't remember lynne till you mentioned the coconut.sheila x

sorry Lin, meant Petre St. your right, but if I remember right it was extra ha'penny for the coconut.:hihi:

It sounds as if I missed a good night out, next time there is a reunion I just might come along

Although I didnt come from Grimesthorpe myself I had friends who did and as I have already posted I worked for Joy Sutcliffe for a few years.

:rant:

Hi bossyboots :wave:

You are right. You did miss a good night out.

So watch out for when we mention the next one

and come along to it. You will be made very welcome

If you have any old photographs all the better.

See you there :thumbsup: