Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

Hi sheila I am going to reunion now my op has been cancelled again, be great to see you all :thumbsup:
sorry about your op linda but will be lovely to see you,maggie/mick are coming and ann.was going to send you best wishes for monday.sheila x

(sorry if I appear to be hijacking your thread, guys...)

Every now and then, someone comes on this thread with a question, and starts a ball rolling. Well done ob long I'm glad you found us. I can't wait to see more information about Brigitta. I can remember most of the names on that photo, but sadly I've never seen most of them since leaving school. Good luck in your search and keep us posted.

Thanks Dommi, I'm hoping someone will get their memory jogged by this & be able to give me more information.

the fruit shops are no longer there and the bradshaws went into building 2residential homes one called croft acres cant remember the other one is at southy green bill bradshaw died and the son roger died i dont know weather peter is still alive they also had a shop on chapel walk i think that is still opened the grandchildren of bill and his wife now run the buisinesses

Thanks mazda5.

OK well here's another query & nearer to the crux of the matter... Did/does anyone know a guy called Raul/Raoul who was of Greek (maybe Greek & Egyptian) parentage, who would have been in his early twenties in the early 60s? He & Brigitta dated for a couple of years round 1963 to 1966. I think his parents owned a factory or some sort of business & I think he drove a sports car. This was at the time Brigitta worked in the fruit shop.

That really is all I know about her life at that time & sadly she passed away in Nov 2001 so I can't find out from her.

If ANYONE can recall anything that can help me find Raul/Raoul, I'd be very grateful....

Ob

Hi Dommi

I can remember Brigitta from the photo that was posted but never saw her or many other people from school after we all left. I do see Margaret Allison, in fact I was with her about 2weeks ago when she last came back to the UK to see her mum. If you would like to contact her I will pass on details on the night of the reunion.

Hi CAT, she was deffo in our class. I can remember her in the third hut on the top rod. I can't remember her in the 1st or 2nd years, but I can't remember if we were in the 3rd or 4th year when we were in the third hut. I don't know what page the photo was on. We need ed59 to remind us.

Hi Dave

I see the page of our school Photo has been found, i have not seen Brigitta since i left school, glad it has brought back memories to someone, after all that it what this thread is all about.

Not seen you lately in the local drinking hole, but i will be at the reunion.

Ed59

(sorry if I appear to be hijacking your thread, guys...)

OK well here's another query & nearer to the crux of the matter... Did/does anyone know a guy called Raul/Raoul who was of Greek (maybe Greek & Egyptian) parentage, who would have been in his early twenties in the early 60s? He & Brigitta dated for a couple of years round 1963 to 1966. I think his parents owned a factory or some sort of business & I think he drove a sports car. This was at the time Brigitta worked in the fruit shop.

That really is all I know about her life at that time & sadly she passed away in Nov 2001 so I can't find out from her.

If ANYONE can recall anything that can help me find Raul/Raoul, I'd be very grateful....

Ob

Hey dont worry ob_long

Lets just hope that one day someone reads this and they can put you in the right direction.

Maybe you could start a thread. Did you used to work at Bradshaws if thats the last place you can trace your mum

Good Luck :thumbsup:

forgot to tell you ann ,no fruit shops now on chapel walk .not keen on this dementia .:hihi:

hi sheila

had a look to see if fruit shop was there this morning and low and behold it had gone like all the good shops yes i will be coming to reunion see you all there

ann

Hi sheila I am going to reunion now my op has been cancelled again, be great to see you all :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear your op has been cancelled again Linda, you must be fed up!

Hi i was wondering if any body can remember the chippie at the bottom of wincobank lane opposite the ball inn i remember going there has a kid if my memory serves me right there was a row of small cottages up to the wesleyan reform chapel

Hi i was wondering if any body can remember the chippie at the bottom of wincobank lane opposite the ball inn i remember going there has a kid if my memory serves me right there was a row of small cottages up to the wesleyan reform chapel

Hi yatesace :wave:

Welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread.

If you go to page 343 and post 6842 by Fleetwood

you will see quite a discussion about the

chippie at the bottom of wincobank lane. :thumbsup:

Edited by NETTIEJ

Hi yatesace :wave:

Welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread.

If you go to page 343 and post 6842 by Fleetwood

you will see quite a discussion about the

chippie at the bottom of woncobank lane. :thumbsup:

HI NETTIE, Are you sure t was a Chip Shop and not a Chop Ship on Woncobank Lane:hihi::hihi:

Edited by DOMMI

HI NETTIE, Are you sure t was a Chip Shop and not a Chop Ship an Woncobank Lane:hihi::hihi:

Hahaha! nice one DOMMI

I was just checkin that you were awake :hihi::hihi:

All corrected now :thumbsup:

Steady Nettie, if you'd put an 'a' in there, may have stirred things up again!!!