Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

The Roger Williams (Spot) I know, is still going.he,s working at crosby kitchens.Dont know if there was another one,He,s around 63ish.

I think you'll find that Roger (Spot) Williams is only 60. I'm sure he was in the same class as me at Owler lane. Glad to hear he's still alive.

I think you'll find that Roger (Spot) Williams is only 60. I'm sure he was in the same class as me at Owler lane. Glad to hear he's still alive.
Hi The Miller, glad to hear that spot is still with us im

61 next and he was just a bit younger than me so it will be him. Knocked about with him at boys club etc and lost touch with him when houses were pulled down.

Hi Steve, I think the last time I saw spot was in the Cavendish in the early 70's, I too am glad he's still alive.

Hi Steve, I think the last time I saw spot was in the Cavendish in the early 70's, I too am glad he's still alive.

Sorry Fellas,very glad to say this particular Spot isvery much alive and kicking!Athough some mornings I have to ask Shirl first!Age 74 goingon 50?,originaly lived on Upwell Hill up to 1956,I think next door but one down from JeanJ ? Enough clues? Bye now

Sorry Fellas,very glad to say this particular Spot isvery much alive and kicking!Athough some mornings I have to ask Shirl first!Age 74 goingon 50?,originaly lived on Upwell Hill up to 1956,I think next door but one down from JeanJ ? Enough clues? Bye now

Hi Mr SPOT of BG fame it was REME of once you came, you served your country very well in what once was a MALAYA hell. Two ladies at home caused you no harm so you took another one on your arm. At 20 you now reside and went with FB for a very long ride, life has been good i'm sure you will agree, so please don't get mad at my poetree. So haste to other 'threads' of which you trod, as clues abound in the old Sheffield sod.

hi spot,are you the eric y no one knows.i know who you are:hihi::hihi:

:confused:

Hi Mr SPOT of BG fame it was REME of once you came, you served your country very well in what once was a MALAYA hell. Two ladies at home caused you no harm so you took another one on your arm. At 20 you now reside and went with FB for a very long ride, life has been good i'm sure you will agree, so please don't get mad at my poetree. So haste to other 'threads' of which you trod, as clues abound in the old Sheffield sod.

WOW!!You certainlyeet a better class of people on this site-Poets even!You appear to know more about me than I do.Shirl thinks you were the "BEST MAN"in 56 even if Ive been the best man since .Does J.B.ring a bell?,if not,give us a clue.You are certainly right about having a good life,long may it continue! Bye Now

hello,are there any ladies out there you've all gone very quiet .

:confused:

WOW!!You certainlyeet a better class of people on this site-Poets even!You appear to know more about me than I do.Shirl thinks you were the "BEST MAN"in 56 even if Ive been the best man since .Does J.B.ring a bell?,if not,give us a clue.You are certainly right about having a good life,long may it continue! Bye Now

Eric Y took Shirl to be his wife and he is the first to tell you 'it's been a good life', she steered him straight and true with all her might and you know what JB sounds just about right. Now RF2690 has been around this Grimesthorpe name, I would sure like to know of once he came, he's one of many but alas all too few, I wonder if he knows of me and you? Seriously bye for now.

Eric Y took Shirl to be his wife and he is the first to tell you 'it's been a good life', she steered him straight and true with all her might and you know what JB sounds just about right. Now RF2690 has been around this Grimesthorpe name, I would sure like to know of once he came, he's one of many but alas all too few, I wonder if he knows of me and you? Seriously bye for now.

hi fleetwood,if you remember you and i had a stroll on carlisle st a while back and named all the shops.if i remember rightly your older than me.im sheila hepplestone lived on hunsley st actually i was born there in 1947 so im a bona fide grimey waller.sorry to admit i cheated with spot remembered jean j put a message on and said who'd lived in her yard on upwell hill,i cannot tell a lie:hihi::hihi:everyones gone very quiet must all be suffering from s.a.d.:wave:

Hi all, been away for a week going again soon.If Mr Spot is who I think he is I used to knock around with his younger sister & lived 3 doors down.Gemini2 I think I have sussed out who you are. Bye For Now

Hi all, been away for a week going again soon.If Mr Spot is who I think he is I used to knock around with his younger sister & lived 3 doors down.Gemini2 I think I have sussed out who you are. Bye For Now

hope you had a good holiday jean, its nice to have a woman back on.think they've hibernated or making christmas cakes.i dont like it so nobody gets any unless its shop bought.:hihi::hihi:sheila