Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

NETTIE's been a bit quiet lately!!

your right,hope your ok nettie:thumbsup:

Hi All :wave: anyone know what happened to Stephen Hallam,( used to live at top of Draper St.) or his whereabouts?.

Hi All :wave: anyone know what happened to Stephan Hallam,( used to live at top of Draper St.) or his whereabouts?.

hi! Fishcake could be wrong but I think you are the same age as me. Stephen Hallam rings a bell, do you remember Alan Bradshaw he lived in the prefabs.

Hi All :wave: anyone know what happened to Stephen Hallam,( used to live at top of Draper St.) or his whereabouts?.

I bumped into him a few years ago. He was living in Maltby

I bumped into him a few years ago. He was living in Maltby

Hi Walt long time no speak. Steve and I were best mates from school and up to being about 23ish, he met and married a lovely girl called Sandie who lived on the same road in shiregreen.

Hi Walt long time no speak. Steve and I were best mates from school and up to being about 23ish, he met and married a lovely girl called Sandie who lived on the same road in shiregreen.

Hi Scrapman :wave: if you knocked about with Steve from school and beyond I must know you, I used to knock about with him, also Rod Greenwood, Keith Hicks and Paul Haywood.

Hi Terry see if this rings any bells, I was in a year lower than you but went out with a girl in your class she was very popular her name was Joan Curtis.

Hi Terry see if this rings any bells, I was in a year lower than you but went out with a girl in your class she was very popular her name was Joan Curtis.

remember Joan very well, still can't put a name to you yet, gi us a few more clues.

Hi Scrapman,

hope I have the right person but I believe you lived on Rothay Road, if so it was me who called into your office ?? in Spain. The spanish guy who I spoke to looked and acted with complete bewilderment, I put this down to the fact that I mentioned Grimesthorpe and Owler Lane. May see you next time.

Hi Alligin you do have the right person,I'm flattered that you came all this way to see me! I'm sorry I wasn't at the office when you called however the person you were talking to was Dova he did mention that someone from England had come to see me but he had'nt got your name I think it was in July or around that time. I think the next time you'll see me will be in England we are comimg back next month. I believe your in Ecclesfield I lived on Cross Hill from being 11.

Hi JeanJ I was in the Boys Brigade at the chapel so I hung out around there a lot, as you say Eric and Shirley married, they live at Shirecliffe. If you don't already know Shirley's brother Bob passed away a few years ago. As I recall Clare lived at the beginning of Earl Marshall Rd (near the entrance to what used to be a field, thats going back to the late 50's.) Kim went to Owler Lane Intermediate and married a girl from there and as you say moved away to teach. I remember John Sykes nearly blew his hand off, he had a live round (ammunition) and placed it between two bricks and hit it with a hammer, the shell casing blew back hitting his fingers, long story short he had a serious hand injury that turned green and festered, it was a while before it healed and as they say it could have been worse. Did you know the Bailey brothers? (I think the younger one was called Donald) they were in the silversmith trade, I believe they lived in the same yard as the Moughtons. Just around the corner from them lived Gordon (?) Wright who had an older sister Stella.

'

I hate to admit this but it wasnt John Sykes who had the 'accident' with the bullet- it was me (Eric Y)! I've still got the scar to prove it! John Sykes was noted for killing a rat round the dyke at Elvis's yard. I've just found this site and feel i must have known some of you in my younger days.