Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

This must be a toughy Ralph, they all seem to be busy researching, being a weekend grimey, I surrendered early doors. I can hear the old brain cells clanging from here. Good luck.

i showed white flag as well hindy,only knew 4.weren't showing mi sen up.:hihi:

Hi all, :wave: just a word to say I'm in touch with Keith Hicks now, have told him to join the thread so we may have anotherone on soon. :thumbsup:

hi fishcake

i remember a stuart hickes in my class is he any relation to keith hicks

hi fishcake

i remember a stuart hickes in my class is he any relation to keith hicks

Hi mazda,:wave: don't think so , he had a younger sister called Christine, who I'm told now lives in Chapeltown.

is this a chat room or what?

It's a thread for a Grimesthorpe community that got scattered to the four corners when the houses got demolished for so called improvement. :suspect:

Hi, I lived on Earl Marshal Road from 1962-1981 and went to Owler Lane, Grimethorpe Juniors, Whiteways Middle (part of the 1st intake when it opened – ended up being a 2nd year twice, once at Grimethorpe and the other at Whiteways) and Earl Marshal Comprehensive. My parents (who still live there) picked a sweet location in the sense that all my brothers and I needed to do was to "fall out of bed" to get to Owler Lane and Earl Marshal, just walk down the road to get to Grimesthorpe and then up the road and onto Whiteways Road (or cut over the back wall and over the field that was between Earl Marshal and Whiteways Road (now filled with houses on Whiteways Grove).

Thinking back, I remember quite a bit of greenery as you had the allotments where Earl Marshal Youth Club/Owler Brook Nursery used to be and Earl Marshal School (the section built in the 70s with the sports track ) used to be, the Osgathorpe/Earl Marshal park at the top end of Earl Marshal and whatever that piece of land was between the houses down at the bottom end of Earl Marshal (okay, that was’nt so green, more like a disused quarry :D ).

i must have gone to school with you because i did two year 2s also

i know where those cottages where, but first we must start with the pub and only if you have been to that pub would an explanation help you please reply then i will endever to explain further

Come on robof1979

You promised to let us know where those cottages were. :help:

the cottages where between upwell street and the front cottage doors where on the same road has the regent hope the wait was worth it sorry for the delay

the cottages where between upwell street and the front cottage doors where on the same road has the regent hope the wait was worth it sorry for the delay

Hi robof1979

If you look at geotom's post no. 4965 on the 28th August.

You will see that he established the fact that the photo was

taken before the Regent was built.

Which makes me think were they knocked down and the

Regent built in the space! :huh:

Honest Folks. - I will try very hard NOT to mention the

cottages again :hihi::hihi:

Honest Folks. - I will try bery hard NOT to mention the

Hope so NETTIE, :hihi: besides I thought we had established they were on the land opposite the dike from your house ?:help:

Hope so NETTIE, :hihi: besides I thought we had established they were on the land opposite the dike from your house ?:help:

hi terry are these the same cottages where fred hearnshaw lived on brooke terrace,im getting confused.:hihi:doesn't take much:loopy:

How am I supposed to answer that :huh: You say you hope I dont mention em again, then you go and sey summat that needs an answer :hihi::hihi: