Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

it was certainly a good night, Albert Parr would be amazed how everyone remembered him, did he have any family i wonder ? I know that might sound strange looking at him but he wasent allways old ! Does anyone know about him when he was younger ?

Hi :help: can anybody remember "THE NILE CAFE" that use to be on Carlisle Road at Grimesthorpe i use to live accross the road :confused:

Went to grimesthorpe school use to ahve a teacher that if you got a question correct you go a sweet :clap:

some names paul hallam / sheama / hoppy /berto (ME) :hihi::

They were the good years :banana:

Welcome to the thread GreyBob.:thumbsup:

I dont remember The Nile Cafe, but Im sure there willl be someone who does

Hi all, I was gob smacked when I saw how many turned up last night, the room was full. I will personally thank John Martin, I think he enjoyed it as much as anyone, and it was good to see some new faces, great night.

Well did you all enjoy last night at the Ball Inn, certainly had a good chit chat, a few beers and sarneys.

Here are just some photos that my wife Joan took of you all having a good evening.

BallInn200708003.jpg

BallInn200708011.jpg

BallInn200708009.jpg007.jpg[/img]BallInn200708010.jpg

More Photos from last night

BallInn200708007.jpg

BallInn200708008.jpg

BallInn200708009.jpg

Did I see Janet Todd in one of the photographs? It looks like you all had a good time!

Did I see Janet Todd in one of the photographs? It looks like you all had a good time!

Ah nice one Faith.

That was one o the names that eluded me. I recognised her as soon as I walked in the pub but couldnt put a name to her

Right I am going to try and name everyone I spoke to

And thats after quite a few lagers :hihi::hihi:

Of course I was there. Terry Jessop, Linda J. David Ra, Walt, Ken Rawson,

Beehive, Tfishcake and wife, geotom and wife, and mother and Gemini2, and sister, Janie m, , Dommi, Ed59, Terry Green and brothers, Diane Spencer, Seth Fothergill, Jim? Brown, Michael Buck and Linda Wilson, Terry Macnamara, Wendy Macnamara and husband, Les Rhodes, Pamela Coopers husband, one of the Lems, Two of the Passes, (sorry the lagers are getting to me now)

John Hindmarch, but he left early. I dont know some people cant take it these days hahaha! What I want to know is what happened to Kenny White, John Martin, and Smiler? Oh and Doyle - where were you?

Skippy you will be pleased to know Les Beale made an appearance!!

We have to say Thank you to John Martin for making us so welcome, I really enjoyed the spread.

Cant understand why he kept plying me with drink tho! :loopy:

I had a great night, it was well worth the wait of 12 weeks and 3 nights. Dont know how I will feel tomorrow tho' :hihi: hic.

If Ive missed your name off I am very sorry, please let us know you were there. I will probably remember you tomorrow.

goodnight everyone :love:

Hi Nettie

It was the best one yet a couple of people you missed off the list Brian Curl and Keith Cordon.

Hindy left early he was gripping his pint that tightly he got cramp in his hand and dare not have another I can't think why?

It was great when John Martin brought that picture of Albert Parr in anybody who lived in the area then knew him if you did not know who he was, you were not from Grimesthorpe.

Ah nice one Faith.

That was one o the names that eluded me. I recognised her as soon as I walked in the pub but couldnt put a name to her

She hasn't changed a bit and also instantly recognisable was "bantam buddy" - he looks exactly like his dad! Wish I'd been there now - trouble is I was finding it hard to recognise anyone else except you and John H.

More Photos from last night

BallInn200708007.jpg

BallInn200708008.jpg

BallInn200708009.jpg

Hi ED59 I love the photo's, what a great evening. When's the next one? Can't wait. I agree with previous post, the highlight of the evening was the loud cheer, followed by clapping. [ Was it royalty? was it a famous boxer? was it a famous actor? ] No, it was a photo of our HERO in his Athletic racing gear, ALBERT PARR. See You Soon.

Hi ED59 I love the photo's, what a great evening. When's the next one? Can't wait. I agree with previous post, the highlight of the evening was the loud cheer, followed by clapping. [ Was it royalty? was it a famous boxer? was it a famous actor? ] No, it was a photo of our HERO in his Athletic racing gear, ALBERT PARR. See You Soon.

Any chance of someone scanning the photo of Albert Parr and putting it on here? I would love to see it.

John

It certainly looks like I missed a great night out. I can't believe how little Mick Buck has changed, apart from the grey hair, he looks the same and so does his wife Linda.

I would also like to see the photo of Albert Parr, so if it can be put on here, please do.