Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

Happy Birthday Skippy :clap:,I enjoy reading your posts.

Poppins.

Many thanks poppins, I find that participating on the forum keeps the grey matter flowing, that is a must when dealing with these Grimesthorpe people, ha ha.

Hi NETTIEJ,

Sorry not replied before buy my computer has had big problems and I needed to rebuild it sorted now though. I was sure that they were best freinds in the infants and juniors but hey my memory is not that great, you are right about her parents and sister. Who is your sister Wendy?

Hi Bantambuddy

Dont say you havent realised who we are yet :hihi:

Ah well dont worry - we will see you at the reunion on Friday

Then you will know.

Hi everyone.

Was at hospital this morning having my weekly check up.

When a 'Young' lady came up to talk to me.

She stood smiling at me saying "You don't remember me do you"

Well at first I thought she was someone who had given me terrible treatment or perhaps given me an injection. I try to forget people like that :hihi:

Then she said "Its Faith"

Well I never, Faith Dickinson. I cant remember the last time I saw her.

She said she had met up with Lynne Dobson and she had told her about the forum so she had been reading all about us, and really enjoyed it.

I told her she had been mentioned a few times.

I also told her about the reunion on Friday and said she ought to come.

Dont know if she will or not but it would be good if she did.

Anyway it was great to see her.

Seeing Faith Dickinson has certainly got my memories flowing.

I got to thinking of all the people connected with the Dickinsons

Dave, Faith's brother, Jane and Sally their cousins.

Then there was Barbara Hodge, Allison and Paul Hayward

Where are they all now?

Hi NETTIEJ

My younger brother Rodney married Barbara and Paul is his best mate who lives next door to him near Crystal Peaks.

Ed59

Happy Birthday Skippy Sydney Girl Broke Her Arm Last Week

Hi NETTIEJ

My younger brother Rodney married Barbara and Paul is his best mate who lives next door to him near Crystal Peaks.

Ed59

Hi Ed59

I remember Rodney very well. He was a prefect at Owlerlane. He once caught me and a friend climbing through the windows in the 'old school' during the lunch hour. He gave me 100 lines - I must not climb through windows.

It took me ages to write them. When I handed them to him the next day he ripped them up infront of me. Such a cruel person :hihi::hihi: He only picked on me cos he know me :hihi::hihi:

It scarred me for life :loopy:

Hi skippy, hope you ad a gud un, all the best, will have a drink to you on friday.....well a few actually, but not too many .. working saturday. morning

Hello Nettie, It was me, Lynne Hindmarch, not Lynne Dobson, Johns wife who was telling Faith about the Forum. We used to be best friends for the longest time, but I lived at Grimesthorpe only for a while but my nan and grandad lived there till they were old and me and John stayed there all the time when we were young which is how I know Faith, but I went to Hinde House so didnt meet her schoolfriends . Lynne Dobson was in Faiths class, and we all hung round together. I saw her at her sister in laws funeral (her brother Alans wife) and it was the first time I had seen her in 15 years. We didnt have time to talk much but we are now in contact through email but I did manage to tell her about the forum and she has been catching up with it. She has just emailed me to say that she saw you in the hospital and introduced herself. I have asked her to come on Friday because as I explained to her I feel a bit embarassed going there and not talking to any of you because although I know you know we were friends I dont really know any of you. I would love her to come as we have got years to catch up on and remenisce about. Anyway I hope you are on the mend. See you soon.

Hi everyone.

Was at hospital this morning having my weekly check up.

When a 'Young' lady came up to talk to me.

She stood smiling at me saying "You don't remember me do you"

Well at first I thought she was someone who had given me terrible treatment or perhaps given me an injection. I try to forget people like that :hihi:

Then she said "Its Faith"

Well I never, Faith Dickinson. I cant remember the last time I saw her.

She said she had met up with Lynne Dobson and she had told her about the forum so she had been reading all about us, and really enjoyed it.

I told her she had been mentioned a few times.

I also told her about the reunion on Friday and said she ought to come.

Dont know if she will or not but it would be good if she did.

Anyway it was great to see her.

Hello Nettie, It was me, Lynne Hindmarch, not Lynne Dobson, Johns wife who was telling Faith about the Forum. I would love her to come as we have got years to catch up on and remenisce about. Anyway I hope you are on the mend. See you soon.

Hya Lynne

I knew the moment I had posted it that I had got the two Lynne's mixed up but I thought NAH! leave it. Im always having to alter my posts :hihi:

It was lovely to see Faith. I do not want to think how many years it is since I last saw her. We didnt get much chance to chat cos the Doctor came and called me in - typical. Anyway I hope she comes on Friday but even if she doesnt you'll be fine there so come along anyway.

I am doing really well thanks - looking forward to a nice cold lager on Friday. See you there

[Thanks Nettie, I have emailed Faith again and do hope she comes. See you soonX

QUOTE=NETTIEJ;3673797]Hya Lynne

I knew the moment I had posted it that I had got the two Lynne's mixed up but I thought NAH! leave it. Im always having to alter my posts :hihi:

It was lovely to see Faith. I do not want to think how many years it is since I last saw her. We didnt get much chance to chat cos the Doctor came and called me in - typical. Anyway I hope she comes on Friday but even if she doesnt you'll be fine there so come along anyway.

I am doing really well thanks - looking forward to a nice cold lager on Friday. See you there