Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

Hi all, someone mentioned Les Beal, he now lives on Southwell Rd, and still goes in the 'Arms'.

All quiet on here, I can only assume the sun is shining there at last.

All quiet on here, I can only assume the sun is shining there at last.

Come on Skippy , its bank holiday monday, you might know its cold and windy.

Those were the days when you were a resident here, we had hot sunny weather at Whitsuntide bank holiday.

The sun has shone on England at cricket however, given a whuppin to one of them antipodean sides today.

Come on Skippy , its bank holiday monday, you might know its cold and windy.

Those were the days when you were a resident here, we had hot sunny weather at Whitsuntide bank holiday.

The sun has shone on England at cricket however, given a whuppin to one of them antipodean sides today.

darrell gyln an philip wards sisters was called carol an anita

darrell gyln an philip wards sisters was called carol an anita

there was another family of wards on cyclops street, Gary,geoff,and Marie were three of the children wonder if they were related:

HELLO PIGEON there was another family of WARDS on Bothem st north MARY AND BERNARD and none of them or related Mike Ward was me best man i havent seen him in years i know his youner brothers kevin and roger have a roofing business bye

HELLO PIGEON there was another family of WARDS on Bothem st north MARY AND BERNARD and none of them or related Mike Ward was me best man i havent seen him in years i know his youner brothers kevin and roger have a roofing business bye[/quote

darrell i think philip an glyn ward was related to hanwells

I think the girl back row 2nd from left is my missis Linda but they are a bit blurred anyone got any other names

Lindalan,

Only names I remember so far are Front Row from left as you look at it:-

? John? ? gap ?girl ?girl Me David Elliot John Somerset Judith Hall Marilyn? gap ?boy Peter Tew

Afraid thats all I remember so far,it was a long long time ago. Does anybody else know the rest

I think the girl back row 2nd from left is my missis Linda but they are a bit blurred anyone got any other names

HI Lindalan. I think you are right, her name is Linda. I think she is as innocent and young looking today as she was then. CHEEERS DOMMI.

NETTIEJ Sorry love i dont know you LYNNE AND NORMA are my sisters my two daughters were LYNNES bridsmaids comeing back to Sheffield this weekend to house site for one of my daughters so hope to see Norma on saturday she lives on Firth Park and im sure were everyone knows her her heartsin the right place bless tara for now

HI IVANDARRELL. I've only just found out I must have known your sisters, Lynne and Norma, when they were younger, and lived in Grimesthorpe. I had contact with Lynne a good few years ago, when we were both involved in junior football. I didn't know she came from Grimesthorpe at the time. She was a lovely woman, I had lots of time for her. She had a team of boys who thought the world of her. We came into contact quite often, as we were both involved with the same club, Which was founded by FRANCIS BUTLER, CHAPELTOWN ATHLETIC FC. He started this club to give boys and girls a chance to play in a team, regardless how good they were. I didn't find out till later, Francis new Lynne's Father, He said, she reminded him of her father. SEE YOU SOON, DOMMI.