Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

It's nice to know that someone reads the old posts but am a bit confused by the last one.

Yes the Barley Corn had a very bad reputation in the 50's/ 60's, I went in there for a laugh with some of my mates when I was 18, before going to the late night dance at the city hall, it was full of old bags & poof's, a couple of old blokes were in there that were dressed up as women, a real eye opener.

It was really scruffy, I remember getting a glass of beer that had lipstick on it, I left it & never went in again.

Got it eventually Skippy. Oh for a few full stops and capital letters.

lisa is fine she gets married shortly,the daughters called kerry and lives in Australia now so I dont see too much of her these days..

hi gary guess who

YES HOW DID YOU WORK IT OUT ABOUT THE BAKERS SHOP???

it was davys

thanks got the photos grandad snr they are brilliant have forwarded on to sister she never met any of them!! I have been that busy with work not had much time for owt else !!!:mad:

hi pigeoni i am sat here looking at a photo of your grandad

and your two uncles and a mate they look as though thy are in

grimesthorp club

Hi awoollen

depending on your age you may know my brother-in-law Albert White, he used to play darts for the Railway many years ago . He also used to drink in the Grimesthorpe club and Bowling Green.

Hi awoollen

depending on your age you may know my brother-in-law Albert White, he used to play darts for the Railway many years ago . He also used to drink in the Grimesthorpe club and Bowling Green.

yes i remember him but same as you say long ime ago

i hung my darts up 1991

been playing 40 years up to then

cheers

it must have been in the days i played for th talbot blackburn in the tetleys legue

before the viaduct was built early sixties

hi pigeoni i am sat here looking at a photo of your grandad

and your two uncles and a mate they look as though thy are in

grimesthorp club

thats my grandad as well and uncles so come on who are you?

i think i know who you are are you my uncle arthur if it is i havent seen you for at least 40 years

Cat 631

just a little test of your memory, I met a guy today who we both went to school with he was the first lad I believe to have a tattoo on his arm, a small imp if memory serves me well, can you remember his name.

hi walt no ones at home so i manage to get on line

Greetings Smiler John

Great to have you on board the "Grimesthorpe" Forum. I am trying to think when it was I last saw you, I think we bumped into each other at a FA Cup semi-final , I think that would be Highbury in 1983. Are you going to the Ball on Friday for the reunion ?