Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

Hi geotom again

Ref Mr Lowe, my teachers were, Mrs Allan, and Mr Francis do you remember

them. Was there a teacher at Grimesthorpe when you were there called Mr

Blackmen, could hit you witha blackboard rubber at the back of the class

without turning round from the board. His classroom was the 1st one in the huts at the top of the steps.

I remember Stan Francis his cane hurt. I also remember mr Blackmen i used to be in the first hut when i was in the 3 rd year in Loxely team.

Roger Bacon, you will remember his daughter Denise and i used to know her mum Kath.

Hi steve, I remember the other teachers but not Mr Blackmen. Do you remember that old rover car that Mr Francis had I think it was either the 110 or 90, I always and still do think they looked great.

If you were to see Brian Gill now he ir the image of his father.

I had forgot about Dave Baxter, he was a fantastic drummer

Hi gritman, Thanks for the info', it was your dad that got them their first booking at Grimesthorpe Club was't it.

When I come up Wincobank Lane, I find it hard to believe all the houses/cottages that used to be there, where the Crawley's lived, and where the kids playground is that Steve' lived there, the only building remaining is the two houses on Corby Rd.

Just thought I'd add a little bit and say hello to a few people now I've finally caught up with what everyone has to say. I've been trying to catch up for a while but my study comes first and time flies when you start looking on here, it's so addictive!:)

I'll start with the hello's to Aunty gemini2 & Uncle geotom, remind me to never follow you two doing a crossword, the spellings!! :D

Hi to lolalola, we know each other from brownies and guides, we used to have some laughs there, thinking about it I must have enjoyed being told off cos I don't think a night went by without being told off for something.

Hi to kj venom or rusty as we know you, I couldn't believe it when I saw your name, we've had so many conversations about what happened to you.

It's been brilliant reading and thinking about some of the names seen. Although I was amazed to see that my engagement to shaun had made it on too. I'll have to get the in-laws to look at this cos they will love it and I know they are still in contact with some of the names mentioned.

Well I'll have to leave it there for now cos I've been summoned by him in doors for the taxi run to the pub, take care speak soon x

Just thought I'd add a little bit and say hello to a few people now I've finally caught up with what everyone has to say. I've been trying to catch up for a while but my study comes first and time flies when you start looking on here, it's so addictive!:)

I'll start with the hello's to Aunty gemini2 & Uncle geotom, remind me to never follow you two doing a crossword, the spellings!! :D

Hi to lolalola, we know each other from brownies and guides, we used to have some laughs there, thinking about it I must have enjoyed being told off cos I don't think a night went by without being told off for something.

Hi to kj venom or rusty as we know you, I couldn't believe it when I saw your name, we've had so many conversations about what happened to you.

It's been brilliant reading and thinking about some of the names seen. Although I was amazed to see that my engagement to shaun had made it on too. I'll have to get the in-laws to look at this cos they will love it and I know they are still in contact with some of the names mentioned.

Well I'll have to leave it there for now cos I've been summoned by him in doors for the taxi run to the pub, take care speak soon x

Uncle Geotom said Shaun's father used to live opposite us on Birdwell Road ?and as the same first name as your uncle.

Hi Janie-m, welcome to the site. did you see the photo of your mum, on one of the first postings, I think Dors put it on, she went to school with your mum. It's not the brain that spells wrong it's the fingers on the keyboard.

Hi geotom

Where the playground is was roughly the kitchen in our house, do you

remember the two white cottages just at the back of us, one was the Leggett family the other the Lofts, they were knocked down before ours.

Another family i think, 4 doors down from the Crawlys was the Broxholmes,

two brothers Roy and Stuart. The two houses on Corby were a mess the

last time i passed through a few month ago. I think Stan Francis had a Rover

90, built like a tank.

Hi geotom, a quicky.

Been corrected by my good lady, the teacher at Grimesthorpe was Beckman

not Blackmen.

Hi Janie,

I can't work out who you are. I tried to look back for the post about your engagement but can't find that either. I'll understand though if you don't want to give your real name out. You're right about brownies and guides though, getting into trouble was a regular thing. Bye for now xx

peanut clarke and myself are related to gemini and geotom do I know you???