The consequence thread (Brexit)

You might want to bury some of them in the woods ready for the civil unrest that's coming.

I'm off to defend Gibralter. Who's with me?

Agree with your post above as well TFH.

In all of this discussion there's a small detail that has been overlooked.Parliament doesn't have to take Britain out of the EU-in spite of the result of the Referendum.

Another point that is newsworthy. There's pressure (petition ) for a second referendum.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/green-eu-referendum-not-legally-binding-brexit-2016-6

I didn't expect anything less from them.

Farage has been trying to tell us about these people for years.

Yes the other member states will be thrilled to hear that their interests will be damaged so that the dictator can exert his control. Greece in particular. It is clearly a club we are best out of.

Please quit it with your schadenfreude. 48% of the UK voters did not want this.

I'll say exactly what I want to say.

Or when the pound loses its value so bad we end up increasing inflation

a little bit more inflation might not be such a bad thing

the theory is that a little bit of inflation encourages investment to make production more efficient that's why the Bank of England's inflation target is 2%.

too much is obvoiusly a bad thing, too little is too

the referendum was non binding, article 50 of the Lisbon treaty hasn't been invoked and even if it was we'd still be in the eu for at least 2 years.

Cameron is in a meeting with the EU next week,he will be sidelined except for tallking about the UK exit strategy,whether Article 50 is invoked or the 2 years.

In all of this discussion there's a small detail that has been overlooked.Parliament doesn't have to take Britain out of the EU-in spite of the result of the Referendum.

Another point that is newsworthy. There's pressure (petition ) for a second referendum.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/green-eu-referendum-not-legally-binding-brexit-2016-6

You probably missed the fact that 17 million folk voted to leave the EU. They voted to leave the EU because they wanted us to leave the EU.

Cameron is in a meeting with the EU next week,he will be sidelined except for tallking about the UK exit strategy,whether Article 50 is invoked or the 2 years.

it may be he'll do the article 50 thing then.

i can sort of understand why he wanted to delay but I think he'll have had chance to review the consequences of that decision.

i wasn't aware that we were occupied the way you seem to suggest. The eu funded universities, projects, roads in this country. Safe working environment, worker rights and enabled close coperation amongst law enforcement. The easter european scum who raped a bradford girl and ran back to his country was sent back because of eu coperation.

I don't remember saying anything about being occupied.

This EU money you speak of that is spent in Britain, is OUR money partially given back to us but with strings attached.

Policy on workers rights, safe working environment and all the other things, can and are made within this country, we don't need the EU, we have a fully functioning democracy here. If a political party wants something to be implemented, they should campaign on it, win an election and implement it. That's how democracy works see. Getting the EU to force it on the country over the head and against the wishes of the governing party is just not cricket, and shows you remainers for what you are, frankly, and undemocratic lot!

What a SHOCK result, at 3am, it was stay in, when I woke up at 5 30 am, it was OUT.

Cameron sighned his own death warrant with this referendum, he should have just kept his head down, and his composure, he would still be P. M. till the end of his term.

People don't like the man, punishing the sick and vonerable financialy, sanctioning people with innocent children, no housing benefit for the under 25s.

He got what he deserved, punish the poor and vonerable, to feed the rich fat cats.

You got just what you deserved Mr David Cameron.You thought you were invincible, but you are just flesh and blood, like the rest of us.

All I can say is . . . God help this country !

We will reap a very bitter harvest, and again, it will be the poor and vonerable, who will have to suffer, yet again, and so it goes on . . . . . . . .