The consequence thread (Brexit)

You seem to under the illusions I want a lot of intermittent renewables and that I know nothing about energy generation and supply.

You are wrong on both counts.

You seem to under the illusions I want a lot of intermittent renewables and that I know nothing about energy generation and supply.

You are wrong on both counts.

I am under no such impression. Nor do I need to understand, nor alter your perception or understanding of renewables. I only seek that you should acknowledge that renewables are not the only way to reduce CO2, nor is it established that it is the cheapest, and that the renewables mandate from the EU (one of several in this area) is therefore not a no brainer.

That established, I have now fully addressed the question, often repeated on this thread, of what EU regulation I would like to have the right to change.

Edited by unbeliever

:roll:

Why should I be required to "acknowledge" something that I've never denied?

:roll:

Why should I be required to "acknowledge" something that I've never denied?

You did suggest that my dislike of the renewables mandate meant that I wanted to "go back to being a big polluter". And further that other than renewable, low CO2 energy would "push the price of energy up even more".

In addition you and tzilstra appeared to be mocking me for complaining about EU internal market regulation by suggesting that I had no specifics when I had in fact already explained at some length that energy regulation and policy would be where I personally would start.

What was all that for if you don't intend to counter my position that the renewables energy mandate from the EU is dubious?

As an aside, I assume that you're aware of the widespread damage inevitably caused to the economy of an industrialised nation, by policy which doubles the energy cost. I don't expect you to change your mind overall, but surely that belongs in the minus column when weighing up the wisdom of being inside the EU internal market, does it not?

Edited by unbeliever

An article on why remainers are finding it hard to deal with the EU referendum result= https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/30/why-remainers-finding-it-hard-to-deal-with-eu-referendum-result. :)

I had to double check that article wasn't straight out of the daily mash. What a load of codswollop.

There's a lack of suitable geographic features isn't there?

---------- Post added 20-10-2016 at 16:43 ----------

An article on why remainers are finding it hard to deal with the EU referendum result= https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/30/why-remainers-finding-it-hard-to-deal-with-eu-referendum-result. :)

Is it because we can see the country going to hell lead by a small band of merrily wooping idiots who "got our sovereignty" back?

A lot of posts have just been removed. This is due to personal attacks, bickering and everything that was in the quote train that went after it. It was impossible not to remove them and the thread still make sense (I tried as some of the posts were 'generally' ok).

The attacks and insults are to cease.

Oh wow. All that stuff about renewable energy and EU policy on it gone.

It was reasoned, evidence based, and civil so obviously it had to go?!?

It would be really nice madam moderator if we could have that back. Pretty please.

I don't understand what prompted this at all.

I'm confident Obelix will agree.

Edited by unbeliever

We want the self governing sovereignty of our post's back.

Closed as it seems you are not going to behave like adults.