The consequence thread (Brexit)

If that's true, what else can they do?

Did you just want to use nefarious in a sentence?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Put a brave face on it and use those smilies. You've got little to smile about really!

It seems to me that remainers are so for nefarious reasons. they don't trust that an elected government of the day will have the same spending priorities as the EU or policy ideas, so they're happy to circumvent all that and have the EU provide it. Its a grubby undemocratic way to go on.

How can we trust a government potentially led by someone who "has had enough of experts" and who lies and stabs their colleagues in the back?

By a government who are already going back on the bribes (sorry, promises) that they used to potentially get power?

Any surprise that loads of leavers are wanting to back remain now?

It seems to me that remainers are so for nefarious reasons. they don't trust that an elected government of the day will have the same spending priorities as the EU or policy ideas, so they're happy to circumvent all that and have the EU provide it. Its a grubby undemocratic way to go on.

That about sums me up to be honest - I don't trust and havent trusted successive governments to deliver on certain issues. I don't trust gove as far as I could chuck him, may might be a bit better.

Put a brave face on it and use those smilies. You've got little to smile about really!

You finally understand. Yes there is little to smile about because the economy is going to get trashed.

How can we trust a government potentially led by someone who "has had enough of experts" and who lies and stabs their colleagues in the back?

By a government who are already going back on the bribes (sorry, promises) that they used to potentially get power?

Any surprise that loads of leavers are wanting to back remain now?

I don't agree with your assessment of Gove and the Brexit campaign in general, but that aside, what I would say to you is you're getting too hung up on the short term. This whole issue is about the long term.

Oh dear. Really. You're abandoning democracy quite casually here. You sure you want to live in a world where the same devious, sneaky goodfornothings are in charge decade after decade, rather than being able to kick them out every 5 years and replace them with a new set of devious sneaky goodfornothings.

It's obviously not a perfect solution, but it beats every conceivable alternative.

Oh don't worry about me mate, I'm a highly educated typical lefty Remainer and I'm doing ok.

Better than those bottom of the ladder Brexiters anyways.

Whoop.

I don't agree with your assessment of Gove and the Brexit campaign in general, but that aside, what I would say to you is you're getting too hung up on the short term. This whole issue is about the long term.

My assessment of Gove is based on his public statements, so I don't understand how you can disagree with it.

---------- Post added 02-07-2016 at 19:35 ----------

Oh dear. Really. You're abandoning democracy quite casually here. You sure you want to live in a world where the same devious, sneaky goodfornothings are in charge decade after decade, rather than being able to kick them out every 5 years and replace them with a new set of devious sneaky goodfornothings.

It's obviously not a perfect solution, but it beats every conceivable alternative.

All very well, but for something like this - how long before we ask the country again? 40 years? 20 years? 5 years? 1 year? 1 month?

The popular opinion (popular meaning majority) is that we should ask the country again soomer rather than (too) later.

We'll soon find out one way or another. I'm very pessimistic though, something I rarely am when it comes to who runs the country. I think most of us get on with it regardless and unless you are sick or in education your life doesn't get that much upheaval and it doesn't matter hugely who is in charge, it's more likely external events. This time it's self inflicted, it's devisive, angry and it's been kicked off by the worst campaign (on both sides) that I can remember. It's huge shift in this country, where we won't gain much but will lose a lot.

We'll soon find out one way or another. I'm very pessimistic though, something I rarely am when it comes to who runs the country. I think most of us get on with it regardless and unless you are sick or in education your life doesn't get that much upheaval and it doesn't matter hugely who is in charge, it's more likely external events. This time it's self inflicted, it's devisive, angry and it's been kicked off by the worst campaign (on both sides) that I can remember. It's huge shift in this country, where we won't gain much but will lose a lot.

What we will gain is being a proper, normal country again that governs itself. That's the overriding principle here that trumps everything else.

What we will gain is being a proper, normal country again that governs itself. That's the overriding principle here that trumps everything else.

Not a country that still has a huge trade deficit with the EU but now has to abide by all their rules with no say whatsoever on what those rules are?

Well trumped(!)

Not a country that still has a huge trade deficit with the EU but now has to abide by all their rules with no say whatsoever on what those rules are?

Well trumped(!)

I think that the alignment of the leavers with Trump just about sums it up...

Thank goodness it doesn't look like being blonde and blonder (for the short term at least)