The consequence thread (Brexit)

The leave camp never had a plan. It was repeatedly stated on here that it wasn't required.

They said on here it was the job of whatever government was in power to organise the process. They wanted somebody else to do it for them. Now it's their job. And they don't have a clue what to do.

Now that is funny, but true. I always thought that Pfeffel would be a very worried man if the Leave camp won because then he'd have to put up and stop playing the naughty schoolboy throwing stones at the neighbours greenhouse. He demonstrated his lack of bottle by imploring Dave to stay on by signing the letter that the Tory Party eurosceptics put together

and, say, the Labour party and/or the Lib Dems went into it saying we`re not going to leave the EU if we get voted in, and they do get voted in, what then ?[/b]

i'd say they would have grounds to say they had a mandate from the people to halt/reverse this process...

however, having opened pandora's box we have to deal with the consequences.

the free movement of people needs to be rethought and not just in the context of the uk but across the whole of the eu.

we need a large investment in public services, infrastructure and housing

we need a concerted effort to integrate the dissconnected communities across the country

we need a proper strategy which delivers jobs to everyone

an acknowledgement that an unregulated market has failed and that it works best when properly regulated and given a moral compass

there are other things but these are the big ticket items

To be fair I think that's only UKIP. They have no power.

UKIP have demonstrated, just like the Greens have to some degree, that you don't have to be in power to get what you want.

What happens to The Human Rights Act, do we still keep it or will it be open for negotiation?

Also if we have to pay a tariff to trade in the EU once we leave, what about all the German Car Manufacturers, The French who want to sell their wine and cheese in this country will they also have to pay a tariff to trade with us?

It will be interesting to see what the future will be for other EU countries, particularly Germany and France, they have elections coming up next year. I do not think it will be an easy win for Angela Merkel and if she is not re- elected this could be better for us, but of course this is only guess work at the moment.

UKIP have demonstrated, just like the Greens have to some degree, that you don't have to be in power to get what you want.

I don't disagree with you. Is that democracy then?

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 18:36 ----------

What happens to The Human Rights Act, do we still keep it or will it be open for negotiation?

Also if we have to pay a tariff to trade in the EU once we leave, what about all the German Car Manufacturers, The French who want to sell their wine and cheese in this country will they also have to pay a tariff to trade with us?

It will be interesting to see what the future will be for other EU countries, particularly Germany and France, they have elections coming up next year. I do not think it will be an easy win for Angela Merkel and if she is not re- elected this could be better for us, but of course this is only guess work at the moment.

ECHR is a separate entity to the EU. It will still be illegal to murder burglars that are running away from you.

Now that we know that immigration is likely to remain very similar and the economy is probably going to be in worse state when we are out of the EU (a 0.2% drop in GDP is all it takes to outweigh the net cost of being in the EU for example) it all comes down to regaining complete control of making our own laws. What are the big ones I should be looking out for that we can overturn when the UK government has full control? The ones that make the likely financial turmoil and huge job losses worthwhile?

Anything that involves workers rights and the environment will go very quickly. Oh and we can re-establish our fishing right s 200 mile (I think - not sure about the number - it doesn't matter there's hardly any fish anyway).

But we've been collectively sold a pup. We won't control immigration if you voted leave for that prepare to be disappointed.

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 18:37 ----------

Oh, do tell what the greens have influenced in this country.

The leave camp never had a plan. It was repeatedly stated on here that it wasn't required.

They said on here it was the job of whatever government was in power to organise the process. They wanted somebody else to do it for them. Now it's their job. And they don't have a clue what to do.

All this talk(from both sides) of "having a plan" is flatulent rhetoric. All governments do is try their best to set a sound (as they see it) framework, and the economy runs itself.

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 18:40 ----------

Oh, do tell what the greens have influenced in this country.

All the "green crap". Windfarms, green taxes etc.

I am thinking of buying another £500 worth of shares on Monday, I am thinking that they will be another downward turn.

Some seem to think the 2/3% drop in the footsie 100 means things are ok, but the entire footsie went down 8%.

All this talk(from both sides) of "having a plan" is flatulent rhetoric. All governments do is try their best to set a sound (as they see it) framework, and the economy runs itself.

Not an economist, are you Alan?

Not an economist, are you Alan?

No I'm not. Are you?

Absolute quality.

Half of that is a global push like Kyoto, some more of it common sense, some from the EU I suspect. It won't be that nice lady from Brighton and that Aussie nut job pushing an agenda.

We wouldn't be pushing fracking with such gusto is there was any sort of green influence.

No I'm not. Are you?

I am not. But nor am I silly enough to think 'the economy runs itself.'