The consequence thread (Brexit)

Polls on here don't trigger a parliamentary debate do they?

There is no legal obligation to discuss it. At all. 100,000 is needed for it to be considered for discussion. It won't be.

Think you might want to read the news regarding this, its being currently investigated for fraud after 77,000 signatures have been removed so far, and rightly so.

Seems the remain camp have no morals as well as being sore loses, this petition should now be seen for what it is and be disregarded, David Cameron had always said no second referendum.

I thought it was Leavers trying to discredit it...

Stop worrying, and lets get cracking on selling services and stuff to the Commonwealth and the like.

And bringing over thousands and thousands of immigrants from the commonwealth as well? Just like Brexiters wanted huh?

Hilarious considering that the Remain campaigners lied to us just as much. :roll:

The 'lies' look like they are coming true. Especially the economic ones. Warnings about immigration not changing much were not 'lies' it seems either. The warnings were correct.

I think everybody now knows, only 3 days after the result, which side were telling the lies.

Stop worrying, and lets get cracking on selling services and stuff to the Commonwealth and the like.

indeed kiribati has millions of pounds ready to spend on services

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 17:24 ----------

You can have one in 40 years we don't mind.

cool but every other day we're going to demand one just like your lot did

And bringing over thousands and thousands of immigrants from the commonwealth as well? Just like Brexiters wanted huh?

EU: 500 million people, predominatly white christian with low-moderate birth rates.

Commonwealth: 2 billion people, 500 million muslims, high birth rates

The Brexit camp told us from the start almost 4 months ago that reconnecting with the commonwealth was a goal. It does not take a genius to understand where the cheap labour will come from after immigration from the EU has been heavily restricted.

They have changes lined up that are more fundamental than anybody could imagine. Turning the UK into a tax free paradise for hedge funds, rolling back of progreesive changes brought in by the EU and more non-EU immigration are on the cards. These people are neoliberal globalists. It's about their profits, not whether life will get better in places like Hartlepool, Sunderland or Scunthorpe. It was never about us.

Most of the commonwealth are poor. What could we sell them?

Weapons!! Lots and lots of weapons! Tanks to Nigeria! Surface to air missiles to India! Typhoons to Pakistan! Kerching!!!!!!!

EU: 500 million people, predominatly white christian with low-moderate birth rates.

Commonwealth: 2 billion people, 500 million muslims, high birth rates

The Brexit camp told us from the start almost 4 months ago that reconnecting with the commonwealth was a goal. It does not take a genius to understand where the cheap labour will come from after immigration from the EU has been heavily restricted.

They have changes lined up that are more fundamental than anybody could imagine. Turning the UK into a tax free paradise for hedge funds, rolling back of progreesive changes brought in by the EU and more non-EU immigration are on the cards. These people are neoliberal globalists. It's about their profits, not whether life will get better in places like Hartlepool, Sunderland or Scunthorpe. It was never about us.

To be fair I think that's only UKIP. They have no power.

Boris will get us a Norway deal. Not as good as being in the EU but better than the Little England alternative.

It is a few years since I was involved in post doc education in universities but then I was surprised by the strong feelings of animosity towards this country by some of the students from the commonwealth. I was told on many occasions that we had been colonial oppressors and raped their country of its wealth, I wonder how many of those ex students are in positions of power in those countries?

Boris will get us a Norway deal. Not as good as being in the EU but better than the Little England alternative.

whooooo hoooo

you mean free movement of people and contributions to the budget but less influence than we had

superb result!

To be fair I think that's only UKIP. They have no power.

A Norway deal is going to require free movement of people, adoption of EU laws and regulations and for us to contribute to the EU budget.

93 of the 100 most costly regulations would remain in place.

We might gain fisheries control but in all seriousness the net benefit would be marginal.

We would gain control over agricultural policy but our producers would lose all subsidies. If you ever visited a Norwegian supermarket they are dispiriting places. Eye wateringly expensive, limited poor quality veg and packed with stuff like frozen pizzas etc... They may have a nice life there but it's despite their diet not because of it.

Norway's contribution per head to the EU budget is only slightly less than ours.

Norway has the one of the fastest growing immigrant populations in Europe

We will have gained practically nothing.

whooooo hoooo

you mean free movement of people and contributions to the budget but less influence than we had

superb result!

Exactly! And we don't have their sovereign wealth either.

I can HARDLY wait.