The consequence thread (Brexit)

They may have to accept the Euro though, I believe all new entrants do. That might put some Scots off

not immediately, there are some financial conditions which need to be sorted out first, budget deficits and such like until then they can continue to use the scottish pound though that probably wont be the same as our pound.

this was a problem in 2014, i'd be surprised if no one has a better answer to that this time

I posted a perfectly innocuous thread about the online petition to get the referendum re-run, and for some reason it's been taken down.

So I'll try again https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215 here's the link if anyone's interested

That`s the problem with these Mega threads, I don`t like them. That link has already been put on at least once, but most people don`t read though this entire thread to see that. I actually think the petition should have its own thread and in fact I tried to start one but the moderators just buried it in this thread. Those who want to read just about the petition will now have to trawl through 100s of posts they might not actually be that interested in, so they won`t actually bother.....

That`s the problem with these Mega threads, I don`t like them. That link has already been put on at least once, but most people don`t read though this entire thread to see that. I actually think the petition should have its own thread and in fact I tried to start one but the moderators just buried it in this thread. Those who want to read just about the petition will now have to trawl through 100s of posts they might not actually be that interested in, so they won`t actually bother.....

Its fake and stupid that's probably why it gets taken down. It has 36000 votes from the Vatican (population 800) and 40000 voted from North Korea.

It has a script bot running on it putting new names and email addresses constantly.

I posted a perfectly innocuous thread about the online petition to get the referendum re-run, and for some reason it's been taken down.

So I'll try again https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215 here's the link if anyone's interested

Think you might want to read the news regarding this, its being currently investigated for fraud after 77,000 signatures have been removed so far, and rightly so.

Seems the remain camp have no morals as well as being sore loses, this petition should now be seen for what it is and be disregarded, David Cameron had always said no second referendum.

How many times would you like a re run. 3? 5, best of 7? Or until remainers get the result they want.

Think you might want to read the news regarding this, its being currently investigated for fraud after 77,000 signatures have been removed so far, and rightly so.

Seems the remain camp have no morals as well as being sore loses, this petition should now be seen for what it is and be disregarded, David Cameron had always said no second referendum.

Jesus Christ, why are you Brexiters so bothered by this poxy petition if you are so convinced it means nothing?!

Have you seen some of the other idiotic things that get suggested there?

Same morals as Farage, 'if it's 52-48 it's not over.' Well it was Nigel, but in your favour so we are playing the same card you would.

Annoying, isn't it?

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 16:58 ----------

How many times would you like a re run. 3? 5, best of 7? Or until remainers get the result they want.

No more times. We want it ignored. It's not legally binding anyway.

I never said thick people were poor. It's got nothing to do with poor, it's more to do with lack of critical thinking skills - or lack of it and therefore should not be allowed to vote in something so serious as this.

Were you allowed to vote?

Jesus Christ, why are you Brexiters so bothered by this poxy petition if you are so convinced it means nothing?!

Same morals as Farage, 'if it's 52-48 it's not over.' Well it was Nigel, but in your favour so we are playing the same card you would.

Annoying, isn't it?

Yeah can you Imagine the actual Prime Minister saying it. Terrible.

Annoying, isn't it?

Im not bothered by this petition not one bit what does bother me however is that the remain camp seem to think fraud is a good idea to get politicians to take notice,

like i said David Cameron has always said no second referendum so why are the remain camp even trying, anyone else committing fraud would be strung up by there nethers.

I read online that people not in the uk and not british citizens have been signing this petition= http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/683520/Second-EU-referendum-petition-FRAUD-sign-OUTSIDE-UK-brexit-signatures

Why are you linking to something that is making a mockery of the democratic process?

The result is in so live with it......

Edited by mafya

What I find really, genuinely baffling, and again, I am repeating myself, is that the Remain camp had what can only be described as a catastrophic campaign. I don't know why they were so complacent, but they were. Unfortunately this means now that the UK is going to be saddled with the consequences and even Boris Johnson, IDS and Gove don't quite have a scooby what they are.

this was originally a conservative party management issue for david cameron.

it's clear he never expected to lose and any referendum was always going to be a strain on the party and his overriding concern was having a party at the end of the process. He ran a campaign designed to minimise the damage to the conservative party, this is why he avoided debating with johnson and gove.

once it was clear he was in trouble it was too late, the campaign tore open the wounds in the country and i dont think anyone really understood they were so deep.

perhaps his successor can turn things round but as things stand now, the united kingdom looks like it will be no longer united and england will be the same size as it was in medieval times with an economy to match.

a sad end for a country which once ruled half the world and a reflection of a political class whose ineptitude is matched only by their stupidity

on the other hand, with a bit of luck and some decent leadership then maybe our future is more rosy lets hope so

Yeah can you Imagine the actual Prime Minister saying it. Terrible.

Like I said, I want our democratically elected leaders to have the balls to say, 'it's quite clear Vote Leave and Farage lied to you, the result was so close, we don't want to break up the UK so we will ignore the referendum and remain in the EU.'

Wouldn't that be funny.