The consequence thread (Brexit)

whooooo hoooo

you mean free movement of people and contributions to the budget but less influence than we had

superb result!

That'd be a nose cleanly removed, and a face comprehensively spited. Called that potential outcome for what it was months ago. But then, I was fearmongering. Hey-ho.

LOLZ at immigration-influenced Leave voters :hihi:

A Norway deal is going to require free movement of people, adoption of EU laws and regulations and for us to contribute to the EU budget.

93 of the 100 most costly regulations would remain in place.

We might gain fisheries control but in all seriousness the net benefit would be marginal.

We would gain control over agricultural policy but our producers would lose all subsidies. If you ever visited a Norwegian supermarket they are dispiriting places. Eye wateringly expensive, limited poor quality veg and packed with stuff like frozen pizzas etc... They may have a nice life there but it's despite their diet not because of it.

Norway's contribution per head to the EU budget is only slightly less than ours.

Norway has the one of the fastest growing immigrant populations in Europe

We will have gained practically nothing.

I know exactly what it's like in Norway. I had a Norwegian girlfriend.

Im not bothered by this petition not one bit what does bother me however is that the remain camp seem to think fraud is a good idea to get politicians to take notice,

like i said David Cameron has always said no second referendum so why are the remain camp even trying, anyone else committing fraud would be strung up by there nethers.

Fraud? You can prove it is remainers that are committing fraud? WOW!!!

David Cameron said many things, as did Boris and Farage (rhymes with Garage), many of which have been proven to be less than truthful...

whooooo hoooo

you mean free movement of people and contributions to the budget but less influence than we had

superb result!

Lost count of how many times this was explained on the other thread.

But it wouldnt be like that we were told. We are Britain, the EU needs us and they would have no choice but to give us a special deal. Like Norway's deal but not like Norway's deal, only more special just for us.

But the EU are lining up to attack us, can't wait for us to leave and are playing hardball, and circling over our manufacturing and services industries like vultures. We have no leadership and all the Brexit leaders have just spent the weekend hiding in their posh houses.

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 17:57 ----------

I know exactly what it's like in Norway. I had a Norwegian girlfriend.

Got friends there. They drive 60 miles from just south of Oslo to a supermarket over the border in Sweden to do their weekly shop.

After visiting a Norwegian supermarket it's like walking into another world. 50% cheaper in Sweden and maybe treble the choice of products.

Edited by I1L2T3

To be fair I think that's only UKIP. They have no power.

Boris will get us a Norway deal. Not as good as being in the EU but better than the Little England alternative.

With the Norway style deal, the country will still have the same issues (and be poorer).

Those whose concerns had not been addresed and who used the referendum as a protest vote will be no better off. How will they react when they realise that nothing's changed?

Fraud? You can prove it is remainers that are committing fraud? WOW!!!

David Cameron said many things, as did Boris and Farage (rhymes with Garage), many of which have been proven to be less than truthful...

Fraud????

Didn't they have a petition on there once to get Jeremy Clarkson reinstated?

I will say it again: for something to be even considered for discussion in the House it needs 100k signatures. But they have no obligation whatsoever to discuss it even when it reaches that number.

With the Norway style deal, the country will still have the same issues (and be poorer).

Those whose concerns had not been addresed and who used the referendum as a protest vote will be no better off. How will they react when they realise that nothing's changed?

Improving the lives of people in declining regions was never part of the Brexit leaders' plans

How many times would you like a re run. 3? 5, best of 7? Or until remainers get the result they want.

I think you`re forgetting something, this is a one way process.

I can only keep saying I`m 100% certain if there was a rerun it`d go the other way. Don`t get me wrong the great majority of the leavers would still vote te same way, most of them wouldn`t change no matter what they were told (after all they believed some right guff during the campaign), but I`m certain enough of those in the middle would realise just what this is leading to. Everything from the minor, greatly restricted amounts of booze and fags can be brought in after your hols, to the serious, Possible break up of the UK and already, jobs apparently going abroad (HSBC). One of the very few people I know who voted to stay in, my nephew, has already said he wished he`d voted the other way. He was incensed when Farage said they weren`t going to spend all those (non existent as it happens) billions on the NHS.

I also realise why referendums are fundamentally incompatible with our constitution. Get this, if there was a snap general election, and, say, the Labour party and/or the Lib Dems went into it saying we`re not going to leave the EU if we get voted in, and they do get voted in, what then ?

Edited by Justin Smith

Who cares? They made their own bed.

I am repeating myself, is that the Remain camp had what can only be described as a catastrophic campaign. I don't know why they were so complacent, but they were.

I believe that the leavers won because the view that they had of the EU were deep and could not be changed; I saw a guy sat in the central reservation of a dual carriageway at 8am, with an umbrella and a leave poster.

Improving the lives of people in declining regions was never part of the Brexit leaders' plans

But these people are still going to need something or someone to blame. If it's not the EU, then who?

in what way?

we have a political crisis where the governing party has no leader, the offical opposition seems to be heading in that direction as well

it would appear that the united kingdom itself is about to break up

with no clear idea about how the uk and eu will split then both sets of economies are under threat

seems most of what remain said is coming true

ive also heard on another forum that both the government or the leave camp dont have a plan for actually leaving the EU.

they better get their thinking caps on