The consequence thread (Brexit)

He did resign and then he came back when asked. The Party wanted him as leader. A good job too, he has achieved what they wanted him to do.

If that's what you count as honesty in British politics then good luck to you. I will expect you to be as forgiving of the rest of them.

You're not the type of person/immigrant/migrant that Brexiters have a problem with at all. You didn't come over here as part of some 400 strong group on the invite of some Turkey Twizzler packing factory. You're an educated, skilled individual person that we want to welcome into this country.

You have no idea how insulting you come across here.

We have more than enough unskilled labour on the dole to fill the positions that a lot of the migrant workers are doing.

and yet when given the chance they refuse to do it which is why the migrants came......

and there are plenty of skilled jobs which migrants do, i can't imagine that the unemployed people smoking dope and watching jeremy kyle every day are all doctors......

You're not the type of person/immigrant/migrant that Brexiters have a problem with at all. You didn't come over here as part of some 400 strong group on the invite of some Turkey Twizzler packing factory. You're an educated, skilled individual person that we want to welcome into this country.
Yes, Alan, I know that I'm the "right sort of migrant".

:|

Are leave voters going to accept it was because of the results of the referendum if we end up in recession with unemployment back on the rise in the next few quarters? I saw today that Farage is a predicting a recession but states it will be nothing to do with Brexit. Ok Nigel, you keep telling yourself that!

If that's what you count as honesty in British politics then good luck to you. I will expect you to be as forgiving of the rest of them.

I didn't say anything of the sort, stop with your straw man arguments. You called him a proven liar, I asked you to provide an example. You tried to do so but I pointed out correctly that yours was a false example. It has nothing to do with the wider issue of honesty in politics.

Do you have an example of him being a liar? If not then you should remove your comment from this thread as it is libellous and rude.

yeah that rhetoric doesn't really work.

i can quite understand how loob and tj feel, the underlying meaning is basically "you can stop because you're useful but otherwise...."

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 12:22 ----------

He did resign and then he came back when asked. The Party wanted him as leader. A good job too, he has achieved what they wanted him to do.

I get the impression he told them to ask him, but gladly i'm not part of the inner councils of ukip so i don't know for sure.

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 12:23 ----------

You have no idea how insulting you come across here.

ohhhh i think he does :(

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 12:25 ----------

Yep. Cameron handed a poisoned chalice to boris. The economy is headed for recession and boris was counting on cameron to trigger article 50. Cameron played him.

Boris will be a less than 1 year term unless the labour party implodes completely by still having that worthless bum corbyn

it doesn't really matter who triggers article 50, someone has to do it.

if i could do it, i would have done it days ago

Do you have an example of him being a liar? If not then you should remove your comment from this thread as it is libellous and rude.

I'm not particularly bothered if Nigel Farage is liar or not, that's a long way down the list of things that impact my thoughts of him but I did see this yeterday - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-nigel-farage-nhs-350-million-pounds-live-health-service-u-turn-a7102831.html

Are leave voters going to accept it was because of the results of the referendum if we end up in recession with unemployment back on the rise in the next few quarters? I saw today that Farage is a predicting a recession but states it will be nothing to do with Brexit. Ok Nigel, you keep telling yourself that!

Everything that happens from now on will be blamed on Brexit. Had Remain won, everything that happens from now on would have been blamed on Remain.

Let's remember we have never been subject to the real facts on the economy, just spin, downright lies, smoke and mirrors and a wholy Londoncentric view which bore no relation to other regions.

The people of Calais certainly want this to end but they might not have thought it through. Two years' notice must be given, and this would surely, as Bernard Cazeneuve evidently said, "lead migrants to flow to Calais in far greater numbers – a humanitarian disaster would ensue".Yes indeed - it might be making the best of a bad job but it's the way forward. :|

People will still turn up at Calais, to cross.

and in other news, it could well be that the devolved assemblies and parliaments would have to give legislative consent to any bill extracting the uk from the eu.

some laws require consent from the devolved bodies before they can be enacted

the scotland act includes an explicit clause requiring the scottish parliament to act in compliance with eu law and apparantly while not an explicit requirement, the european communities act is embedded in the equivalent welsh and northern ireland legislation.

Everything that happens from now on will be blamed on Brexit. Had Remain won, everything that happens from now on would have been blamed on Remain..

That's probably correct but it wouldn't be unrealistic to suggest that had we voted to remain then things would have carried on much the same as they were. By that I mean coming out the other side of recession with decreasing unemployment and increasing stability.