Police ignoring drug dealers

I can't see why the made legal highs illegal. It's not like they were harming anyone, was it?

Chris Grayling on this mornings news,the problem in our prisons is they are taking illegal high which makes them more violent.Inmates that is.

Legalise it, crime disappears overnight.

What an inanely stupid comment:loopy: what so we can see smack addicts openly injecting all over the place, having to inhale cannabis fumes, clean up after them in every area of life no thanks:roll:

I can't see why the made legal highs illegal. It's not like they were harming anyone, was it?

This was a facetious comment in reply to making certain things legal.

In my line of work I would say that the majority of people I deal with have an issue with drugs.

People who say legalise it then it won't be a problem obviously do not see the social ramifications of drug use.

Interestingly, there was a stat I saw that showed the legal highs caused more hospital admissions per usage than their illegal counterparts. Typically I cannot find it now. It was to do with the fact that illegal drugs like ecstasy and speed are well known. The physical affects are known, the amount to take are known, even what they are cut with is generally known. Doctors and nurses know how to deal with side effects or an overdose. Legal highs are absolute unknowns, they are often made up almost on the fly to just get around existing laws. Doctors don't even know what's in them let alone how to treat an overdose or reaction. Users don't know what to expect, how much to take etc.

Kinda mentioned in a roundabout way here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/11408722/Why-legal-highs-are-more-worrying-than-illegal-drugs.html

most of the 'illegal' drugs are legitimate drugs with valid clinical uses either current or past , and their effects have been studied and researched fully ...

Opiates = legal if prescribed / suitable practitioner

Benzos =legal if prescribed / suitable practitioner

barbiturates = legal if prescribed / suitable practitioner

ketamine = legal if prescribed / suitable practitioner

cannabinoids = legal if prescribed

'phet = legal if prescribed

'legal highs' and 'research chemicals' were made up to avoid existing Misuse of drugs and Contrlled drugs regulations

cannabis = illegal never prescribed

Cannabis=paranoia=mental illness= benefits more strain on nhs.

cannabis = illegal never prescribed

except of course there are cannabinoids which are prescribed ...

except of course there are cannabinoids which are prescribed ...

totally different, as prescribed for ms sufferers

Legalise it, crime disappears overnight.

I guess if they legalised murder, then that crime would also vanish?

Yup. That's the definition of legal right there.

Yup. That's the definition of legal right there.

That was beyond me for a second or two.:huh:

Well, yes, obviously. Not that that's desirable. I don't mind if someone smokes weed, it only affects them. I do mind if someone murders me.

We prohibit behaviour for all sorts of reasons, but the paramount one is when it affects someone else, so we have laws against theft, assault, rape, murder, etc... And then we have behaviours that possibly affect someone else, driving dangerously, speeding, drink driving. And finally we have laws against things that someone else has decided you shouldn't do, for your own good, because they know best. Like taking drugs, except the drugs that they like, they don't want to ban those of course.

---------- Post added 16-11-2016 at 08:46 ----------

What an inanely stupid comment:loopy: what so we can see smack addicts openly injecting all over the place, having to inhale cannabis fumes, clean up after them in every area of life no thanks:roll:

What a massively ignorant attempt at trolling. Must try harder, baby troll. :hihi:

---------- Post added 16-11-2016 at 08:48 ----------

This was a facetious comment in reply to making certain things legal.

In my line of work I would say that the majority of people I deal with have an issue with drugs.

People who say legalise it then it won't be a problem obviously do not see the social ramifications of drug use.

Or perhaps we actually DO see the social ramifications of prohibition, (which in fact is what you see).

Perhaps you'd like to look at the examples for evidence. Portugal, decriminalisation of heroin, what's happening there?

Multiple states now in the use legalised cannabis, are they suffering any negative social effects?

Every time this topic comes up, it's like fighting a tidal wave of ignorance, paranoia and stupidity. Instead of looking at the very clear evidence available, some people have a weird moral code where alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, etc, are special, but anything else is inherently bad and other people must be kept from using it.

---------- Post added 16-11-2016 at 08:49 ----------

totally different, as prescribed for ms sufferers

Totally different except in all the ways that it's chemically the same, and the effects are the same. But other than that, yeah, different. :confused: