Harrios Middlewood Road

Ok, so this may have been answered already, but i can't find it on here, so what has happened to Harrios on Middlewood road. Drive by the other day and it was shut down with windows etc missing!!!!!

Also, work is being carried out in the old KFC building across the road, wonder if Harios is moving there...

he seems to own everything around there lol

It's good to see investment in some of the properties in and around the area. Harrios looks like it's having a complete refurb. I've also noticed the new build units in progress at the bottom of Wadsley Lane, a big improvement from the pile of rubble that's been there for a long time. I just wish the owner of the old Electrical shop at the Hills Park tram stop would make a start, it's in a disgusting state.

Also, work is being carried out in the old KFC building across the road, wonder if Harios is moving there...

According to the builders doing the work, that is to be a Costa.

I saw a Harios window in Hillsborough center this morning, driving through. Can't quite remember where, but looks to me like they are moving there. He owns the shop still so will probably become something else, I always thought that shop was designed particularly inefficient for where it was.

It's good to see investment in some of the properties in and around the area. Harrios looks like it's having a complete refurb. I've also noticed the new build units in progress at the bottom of Wadsley Lane, a big improvement from the pile of rubble that's been there for a long time. I just wish the owner of the old Electrical shop at the Hills Park tram stop would make a start, it's in a disgusting state.

If you live in the area, contact your councillor and ask them to

a) get the building control dept to make an assessment for a dangerous and derelict building under buildings act 1984.

b) make a complaint under s215 of the town and country planning act 1990 that the building is a deficit to the amenity of the area.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/11491/319798.pdf

Alternatively you could go and knock on the door of the owner Kell Brook Sports Ltd who's registered address is:

56 Broughton Road Sheffield

South Yorkshire

S6 2AS

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07357375/KELL-BROOK-SPORTS-LTD/about

According to the builders doing the work, that is to be a Costa.

I hope this is true!!

As much as Id rather see a smart little independent coffee shop around here, any attempts to do so seem to have wrapped up pretty quickly.

Shops dont seem to last long at Middlewood unless they are a takeaway unfortunately so its probably only a big name like Costa that could make a go of it.

Maybe once they are there, there will be a bit more passing trade and some more businesses can make a go of it.

Harios is applying for staff for the empty shop on the corner of Taplin Rd

and Middlewood Rd. Notice in window says something like, Harios Roasties.

Would have thought that the building at the bottom of Wadsley Lane

would be too small for a Costa.

Edited by bazjea

Does hario still own the former Middlewood Tavern. This was going to reopen as a wine bar at one time. Lovely building sat idle.

Well, this thread's settled one thing for me - I've been walking past almost every day for about 5 years, and thought the sign said "Mario's". Or maybe Marlo's, or Harlo's.....

rubbish signage!

---------- Post added 22-06-2016 at 21:01 ----------

Would have thought that the building at the bottom of Wadsley Lane

would be too small for a Costa.

I think Daisydaisydo meant the old KFC unit, not the new one on Wadsley Lane. I'm kind of surprised Costa would look at opening something here, I wouldn't have thought there'd be enough people to support a Costa, but it would be great to see it back in use. I saw a workman going in there today and wondered if something was happenning at last.

Edited by Olive