NUM Building development - Turtle Bay etc

Eat out at local restaurants - we have plenty. Don't encourage these nasty chains that send your money back to shareholders in London.

What about access for customers unable to climb stairs. Won't there have to be a lift for people.

Do you need that if there is plenty of seating available downstairs?

I could not agree more reading the linked article infuriated me. High time for a bill to be tabled to stop this abuse of power.

What about access for customers unable to climb stairs. Won't there have to be a lift for people. As well as being backward in its thinking by expecting staff to run up and down stairs carrying things there is a severe lack of imagination on how to organise staff and premises to maximise the potential of the place.

How staggeringly miserable and defeatist an outlook. Just don't go there to eat as a way of showing your disgust. I'm sure that'll teach them a lesson for being, in your view, backward and having a lack of imagination.

Yes but when lots of other establishments are already doing the same thing in the city already putting up such a fight seems pathetic.

Is that a reason to not poke a stick into the method of operation? Is it the same as other establishments? How do you know without tasking the operator to explain?

Is that a reason to not poke a stick into the method of operation? Is it the same as other establishments? How do you know without tasking the operator to explain?

The entire basis of the objection by SCC was the operator planning to use the same staircase as customers for the transportation of hot food.

As already said, I can think of numerous restaurants etc.. in Sheffield where the same set of stairs that customers use are used to transport hot food.

You can't have one rule for one and another rule for the rest, pretty sure thats not legal.

If it was genuinely an issue we'd already know about it.

What has happened to the development at the old NUM building next to the town hall - nothing seems to have progressed for weeks - Pitcher and Piano bar sign still there and i think the caribbean restaurant was also agreed finally by the council after the 'food being carried upstairs debacle' but the diggers have been idle for weeks - anyone any ideas why the delay?

I always thought the NUM building was off Church street on Vicar lane

It is the Botanist that is open in Leopold Square.

I always thought the NUM building was off Church street on Vicar lane

It's on Holly Street opposite the City Hall.

yes my mistake - meant building next to City Hall behind Waterworks (lloyds) bar - same question though anyone know what has happened to the development as it seems to have stalled?

It's on Holly Street opposite the City Hall.

yes , know that now , but as I said im sure their offices used to be on vicar lane