Loundside Church

Does anyone know the story behind this building?

Its back up for sale again for £425k and im sure it was for sale 6 months ago for over £625k. It looks amazing inside but the huge price drop makes me curious.

Is it haunted perhaps?

Over the years its gone down from something like £800k a good few years ago to the £600k mark it was on for last year and now the £425k mark.

Which one? There are 4 church buildings on the top of lound.

a) On left heading towards Chapeltown was converted to an office block and was up for sale a while back.

This one looks to have been converted from an office to a home by its new owners.

As far as I know there is a phone mast in the clock tower now.

Yes it's a Three mast up in the clock tower. You can see the transmitters behind the slats where the bells used to be. ;)

As far as I know there is a phone mast in the clock tower now.

The clock in the tower was known locally as 'Freda'. Sorry, but I don't know why.

I think it'll definitely be hard to sell it's in such an odd area for the price. Converted churches will always be difficult to sell I think.

Does any one know what's happening with St John's Church lound Side it closed years ago being structually unsound, are there plans to refurbish the church.

The clock in the tower was known locally as 'Freda'. Sorry, but I don't know why.

Hi yes it was. It should be repaired so that it works again, it would look much better rather than being stopped. Why isn't it classed as a public clock like many other church clocks and paid for from local authorities or parish councils?

Does any one know what's happening with St John's Church lound Side it closed years ago being structually unsound, are there plans to refurbish the church.

Newey's converted it to their offices years ago......

Newey's converted it to their offices years ago......

Thanks for that, Forty years this July we were married there --- dosen't time fly. :)

My Grandma and Grandad were married in Mount Pleasant Methodist Church in December 1921 and my Mum christened there in 1928.

It's nice to hear about some history of the place.

The main reason the big church hasn't sold is that as part of the sale, you do not own the rights to the phone mast.

The guy who did the conversion all those years ago retains the rights of ownership ( so basically the rent from the last £15k per annum), and also had written in to the seeds the requirement for access to the mast at will.

It did sell last year but fell through when this came to light.