Loundside Church

Does anyone know the story behind this building?

Its back up for sale again for £425k and im sure it was for sale 6 months ago for over £625k. It looks amazing inside but the huge price drop makes me curious.

Is it haunted perhaps?

Which one? There are 4 church buildings on the top of lound.

a) On left heading towards Chapeltown was converted to an office block and was up for sale a while back.

b) First on right next to road.

c) Second on right next to road.

The former vicarage for this one is behind the church, think it was called old mans/manse house. This is an amazing house, the parents of one of my school friends owned this about 30 yr ago. Used to camp in the garden all the time never saw any spookieness.

d) St Johns Church? 2nd on right further back from road in grave yard. Is this one still in use as a church?

There was a local rumour that b or c was bought by a reggae star a few years ago to renovate into a home but did not complete the plans.

Edited by LumoColor
4 not 3

Which one? There are 4 church buildings on the top of lound.

a) On left heading towards Chapeltown was converted to an office block and was up for sale a while back.

b) First on right next to road.

c) Second on right next to road.

The former vicarage for this one is behind the church, think it was called old mans/manse house. This is an amazing house, the parents of one of my school friends owned this about 30 yr ago. Used to camp in the garden all the time never saw any spookieness.

d) St Johns Church? 2nd on right further back from road in grave yard. Is this one still in use as a church?

There was a local rumour that b or c was bought by a reggae star a few years ago to renovate into a home but did not complete the plans.

It was Eddy Grant wasn't it.

Does anyone know the story behind this building?

Its back up for sale again for £425k and im sure it was for sale 6 months ago for over £625k. It looks amazing inside but the huge price drop makes me curious.

Is it haunted perhaps?

No it's more likely the owner actually needs to sell it now, rather than just testing the water a few months ago.

Problem is it's so unique there's nothing to use as a comparison for value, it's literally worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Personally I find it slightly odd and creepy, it's beautifully done but there's still something slightly 'off' about it.

It is a lovely unique builidng - but the inside is horrible. Where are the original features?

Has anyone actually lived here as it seems to lack character, it looks more like a community centre than a home and the "his and hers" seating area is puzzling??

I grew up near this building and listened for the clock chiming to know what time to go home :-)

If I was going to buy something like this I would want "Olde Worlde" inside and out.

As far as I know there is a phone mast in the clock tower now.

My Grandma and Grandad were married in Mount Pleasant Methodist Church in December 1921 and my Mum christened there in 1928.

Hate the downstairs, it looks like an office reception area. The kitchen is awful.

Upstairs is better but that's because of the lovely windows.

Francypants agree totally, would love to know what the utilities cost each quarter

friend of my dads did the conversion around 2000, not sure if he still owns it. I always thought it was a pretty decent conversion considering it was practically derelict when he started. (From what i remember as i was only a kid then). lot of the original features that were there were kept. The view from the tower is great!