Football training for 5 years old

Can anyone recommend anywhere in Sheffield that do football training for my 5 year old son please

Thorncliffe Fc in high green will be starting our U6's soon

I don't normally get on my high horse on here but U6's team? Seriously? They don't need to be in a team getting coached at that age. Just let them play. The mentality needs to change in this country. It's all about the result as soon as we can kick a ball. Why else would you join a team? Give them a ball and let them just have fun with it instead of parents shouting from the sidelines.

What a load of rubbish you are coming out with.

U6 football is played all over the globe and the kids do have fun and enjoy it. Volunteer coaches provide coaching for them to progress what's the harm in that

Take it you don't have kids that play football?

I have a two year old and she won't be playing that young. How is it good for the development of these kids to get them in a team so young? You are doing more harm than good. I've seen these games. Used to live near a pitch that had young kids playing and all you heard was parents screaming. How the kids supposed to enjoy kicking ball around if it's team based? I realise my opinion has just shattered your world but kids playing in teams that young is wrong.

Not shattered my world what so ever. I started my U6s last September and the progress is unbelievable. We are not doing any harm to the children what so ever. What we are doing is giving them opportunity to learn football

How do kids develop if they are not coached. Do you think that one morning they wake up and suddenly bang they have got it

I am not being funny but I disagree with everything that you are coming out with.

When your child is at that age and wanted to do football would you not give her the opportunity if she really wanted to do it?

I won't let her play in a team. Reason being that i think kids need to develop the ability to get comfortable on the ball before you put them in a game situation. You can't learn that by being coached when to pass. They need to play free with no restrictions at that age then when they get a bit older play small sided games. For me kids shouldn't play full sided games until at least 16 but thats a different story. Lets agree to disagree. I don't really wanna get into a full blown argument but i just think 5 and 6 is to young to start structuring how someone plays. Lets agree to disagree.

---------- Post added 02-07-2016 at 08:01 ----------

The below link might explain better what i was trying to say the other day.

https://justletthemplayfootball.wordpress.com/its-no-la-boca/

I couldn't agree with you more Roe.

I have Coached football for over 30 years and it's ridiculous putting kids in teams so young.

I didn't play in a team until I was 13 and I no Coaching until that point.

I played semi pro too, so these Coaches who are lining their pockets at the hands of gullible parents need a reality check!

The thing is hazeline I tried explaining the other day to that guy. I have been in junior football for a lot of years and coached for along time. There is no harm in boys learning football. We don't get paid for it what so ever. And yes everyone has an opinion on ages they should start etc but it's world wide that boys start at U6/7

You could go in to every school around England and the vast majority of boys will be in a team from a young age and even girls

Are you having a laugh don't pay football for a team till you are 16 yes ok what ever I have 2 kids that play and have done since u7s it's not harmed them

Tut tut

Most grass roots coaches are volunteers. I am disappointed in the fact that you think they are lining their pockets.

Kids cannot 'play' in a team until they are 7, however many grassroots clubs and other for profit organisations may provide coaching at earlier ages. Even then games are friendlies with the emphasis on play and not results.

If your opinion is that kids shouldn't be involved in sport from a young age then fine, don't get them involved, but please don't question the integrity of grass roots coaches.

Very well said