Best Place to buy guinea pigs?

Hi I was wondering if anyone could recomend a place or someone who breeds them (not pets at home) ?

I have some available please give me a call when you get your PM

Hi! I have 13 years experience breeding and showing guinea pigs, all mine are born and raised in the house so are very tame and used to tons of noise! If you want ore info, just let me know :)

The best place I kmow is waggytails teeny , I have visited her , she recuses pregnant sows from people , she spends many hours with them handling , caring , making sure they are healthy , she always has them vet checked before they leave , I know she has some 8 to 12 weeks , they are vey cute , cuddly little critters. Tina now has had guinea pigs for 50 years plus . Tina is a friendly lady , she will take time to make sure you have your questions answered .

Thank you for the replies I will get in touch when I sort my garden out

Bear in mind if you are planning to have them outside the hutch needs to be fox proof, and any runs you invest in should have the tops covered. In the winter ideally they need protection from the cold, a shed or garage (not where cars are stored) is ideal.

A good book to buy is Guinea pig lopedia, about £8 from Amazon. It lists many useful things including how much and what types of veg, what wild feeds you can go foraging for and many basic illnesses and what to do. I'm currently training to be a rodentologist, I just need to sit my exam but I never seem to find the time!

Vet recommendations, Peak Vets all the way. They operated on some of my piggies and for various reasons, ans they havent lost a single one. One of the partners (I think it was Greg?) has recently done extra training on specifically small animal medicine. They are in S8 on Olivet Road, they have a facebook page which is regularly updated too.

A friend of mine has always got her pigs from Peaches and has nothing but praise :)

Thanks Neeeeeeek, I'm intrigued to know which piggies they are :D

Bear in mind if you are planning to have them outside the hutch needs to be fox proof, and any runs you invest in should have the tops covered. In the winter ideally they need protection from the cold, a shed or garage (not where cars are stored) is ideal.

A good book to buy is Guinea pig lopedia, about £8 from Amazon. It lists many useful things including how much and what types of veg, what wild feeds you can go foraging for and many basic illnesses and what to do. I'm currently training to be a rodentologist, I just need to sit my exam but I never seem to find the time!

Vet recommendations, Peak Vets all the way. They operated on some of my piggies and for various reasons, ans they havent lost a single one. One of the partners (I think it was Greg?) has recently done extra training on specifically small animal medicine. They are in S8 on Olivet Road, they have a facebook page which is regularly updated too.

Yes it's Nigel he's now s senior vet there too ! I also use Peak vets for Guinea pigs , etc fantastic vets for small animals .

I knew it was Greg or Nigel I couldnt remember which! I've just dropped 2 of my piggies off with Greg for ops

Hello Thank you all for the advice much appreciated still waitin for the weather to turn around before I start in the garden I have kept guinea pigs before many years ago and the lived in my porch all weather protected and all 6 Ive had lived to 8 which is a decent age I think

I had a a couple live to be around 8 but the usual is 5/6 , I also had a herd of around 20 living free range in a play house when I was younger, with a large safe run in the garden which my dad would lift them out every day , we had a thick cover to keep the rain off , my mum and dad had to move the run or they ate all the grass . they did less damage than the rabbits did . I have had guinea pigs got over 50 years , i have a slide of me cleaning out with my dad when i was probably 18 months old . My dad had had guinea pigs most of his life too , we used to travel to pet shows which were really friendly and fun .