Caravans Middlewood tram park & ride

Are the caravans still there...or have they been moved on?

Most likely the same "intelligent" lot that decided to park up on Barnsley Council's main open car park not expecting to be ousted the same day.

I had to laugh at this!

There are 'travellers' and then there are Winn Garden residents! I don't believe the 'travellers' will be there long ;)

I had to laugh at this!

There are 'travellers' and then there are Winn Garden residents! I don't believe the 'travellers' will be there long ;)

Bloody hell, Winn Gardens! I used to have my driving lessons over there. Makes Page Hall seem tame, but let's not tar all the residents.

These caravans appeared apparently some time thurs evening 16th June, parked along back of carpark -are they gypsies ??

Can you use the G word now? I remember in the mid seventies they were a problem in the Attercliffe area as they would move in every time some buildings were levelled and spare land was created. A lot of the pubs down there used to have signs up saying " No Caravan Dwellers", because they could not put Gypsies LOL.This brings up my own personal situation at that time. I was doing a lot of contract work at Shepcote Lane at that time and my workmates and I used to go in various pubs down there for lunch. At that particular time I was living in my own Caravan,(quite legitimately) behind the Crossfield Tavern at High Green, where I paid ground rent to the pub landlord. However all my workmates knew this and when we approached the doors of some of those pubs I mentioned, one would chirp out" Tha carnt cum in 'ere " :D

@TORONTONY....Great story that...made me chuckle ;-).

Are they still there as I know a group of travellers have moved onto the Grange football pitches, where millmore jnrs play, off Droppingwell Road Rotherham.

Was there this afternoon....gone.