Stolen - s6-whistle patwin mountain bike

Please everyone be aware that there is a thieving scrote operating in and around Stannington.

My wife has had her pride and joy stolen from inside our garage,a Whistle-Patwin

mountain bike in orange and white colours.

If anyone is offered one please make sure the seller has a purchase receipt otherwise you may be buying a stolen bike.

Any information which would help in it's return would be welcomed.

Have you got a description or picture, don't mind keeping an eye out as I cycle to work and back through the week.

My expectations of ever seeing it again are not high,however,you never know,social media is a powerful tool.

My fingers are crossed.:roll:

---------- Post added 19-06-2016 at 12:25 ----------

Thank you for the link Kidley,I wasn't sure how to add it.

it cant be that hard to find. not many bike have such a hideous paint/sticker job

it cant be that hard to find. not many bike have such a hideous paint/sticker job

Personal taste aside, it's true that you don't see too many Whistle bikes around. Go Outdoors do them I think, as did Towsure by mail order - wouldn't know where else to look for that brand in Sheffield

Keep an eye on Gumtree and eBay. My experience (of a successful recovery) is that thieves know people get bored of looking after a few weeks and eventually list when they feel it's not as hot

So search eBay, save your search and set it to email you when items are added matching your search. Be a little specific - not overly so but enough so you don't get emailed every time someone lists any old mountain bike or an antique penny whistle - but also keep checking manually every few days

---------- Post added 19-06-2016 at 14:05 ----------

I'd check Cash Converters on Holme Lane :suspect:

Worth popping in and giving them a heads up.

Edited by Squiggs

You should probably join the police, or maybe teach them with your investigative powers. :roll:

Kick a man when he's down Michaeldyn :roll: