United new players

Had to Google these two,O Connell came up as an actor,Fleck as a Coventry player who their fans Don,t want to lose,time will tell if good or bad and with Wilder seemingly getting his own players he,'ll have no excuses.

Had to Google these two,O Connell came up as an actor,Fleck as a Coventry player who their fans Don,t want to lose,time will tell if good or bad and with Wilder seemingly getting his own players he,'ll have no excuses.

Let's face it Dobby, Adkins had no excuses but he certainly made plenty.

Let's face it Dobby, Adkins had no excuses but he certainly made plenty.

To be fair, Adkins did inherit a bloated (and crap) squad no thanks to Nigel Clough but didn't help matters by signing Hammond with a stupid extension trigger clause.

To be fair, Adkins did inherit a bloated (and crap) squad no thanks to Nigel Clough but didn't help matters by signing Hammond with a stupid extension trigger clause.

Adkins turned out to be the complete opposite of what I expected him to be and I would even go as far as saying he was tactically inept.

The only time that set of lads played football was when they were given the license to go out and play football. Adkins has had his head in too many books and tried to over complicate things instead of playing to our strengths and the standard of the league and opposition.

It was worse at home where he fielded a team with the instructions to sit back and absorb pressure. He expected to tire the opposition out and catch them on the counter attack in the second half. Not only did it never work because quite frankly we didn't have the quality of players to play this way without conceding however post match he always hid behind an excuse for our lack of chances. In fact he didn't see our lack of chances, he always thought we had "done enough to win the game".

We now have a manager who has come in and said that he is going to win games by attacking the opposition at every given opportunity. He is going to give the players a license to puss forward, express themselves, play to their natural strengths and enjoy themselves. He wants to play a game at high tempo with high intensity and high pressure......He doesn't want 1-0 scrappy wins, he wants to kick on and score goals and put games to bed.

The players that he is signing fit in perfectly with how he wants to play football and the other players rumours further more so. Should Leon Clarke come in with his 1 in 2 ratio, him and Billy Sharp would have a field day up front with the likes of fleck behind him.

Of course it can look as good as you want it to on paper and in theory however the real test is when the players walk out on to the pitch.

So just as promised, Jack O'Connell and Jon Fleck this afternoon signed on the dotted line and became numbers 4 and 5 through the door.

It has to be said that the shopping so far this summer has been absolutely fantastic and a great deal of credit has to be given to the management team and board alike for finally rectifying years of mistakes.

Signing Wilder was an absolute stormer of a decision! He is a fan and has been watching United regularly therefore was able to walk into the club and instantly wield the axe, getting rid of the mistakes and dead wood before strengthening in the areas that needed it.

All of the signings brought in so far bring something to the table. We are shopping from the right departments for once. Players with previous promotion on their CV and Player of the year......Top Stuff.

Knill states the at least 3 more will arrive and the same in dead wood will depart. Of the three arriving it is said that the targets are a target man (Leon Clarke rumoured 1:2 ratio), a wide man and another defender which is the covers pretty much everywhere where we need improving. Fantastic recruitment.

It is an exciting time to be a blade again....Of course nothing is granted however we are making the right steps recruitment wise and the club are taking a huge leap forward again and look set to compete next season and hopefully finally get us out of this league!

Well done United!

Not sure Adkins even wanted that. Although I think any player signing for United over the last 5 years has had the option of an extension (that they can activate) regardless of how useless they are.

Wilder has had the benefit of players being let go, so no excuses for failure to this time around.

.........I think any player signing for United over the last 5 years has had the option of an extension (that they can activate) regardless of how useless they are.

I doubt that but even if it's true I've never heard of a loan player given the option to stay beyond the loan term. Seems the absentee chairmen didn't quite have a finger on the pulse.

I doubt that but even if it's true I've never heard of a loan player given the option to stay beyond the loan term. Seems the absentee chairmen didn't quite have a finger on the pulse.

Got to say I'm with you on this Jim, never heard of a player coming on loan & given the option of staying longer, as you say the men that matter should have spotted this faux pas.

Guest sibon

Maybe not, but in United's position, they really have to do something to attract good players. Perhaps that was the only way that they could tempt Hammond to join them.

Wednesday have been guilty of stupid contracts and clauses in the past, hopefully those days are gone now for us.

Maybe not, but in United's position, they really have to do something to attract good players. Perhaps that was the only way that they could tempt Hammond to join them.

Why is it difficult for United to attract good players ?

Wednesday have been guilty of stupid contracts and clauses in the past, hopefully those days are gone now for us.

It looks like they had to tempt him to leave the club as well,if he was a good player,he would still have been here.

Don`t count your chickens pal.

Things change quickly in football.

United were in premiership just 10 years ago and look at them now.

Owls nearly went bust and are now in the championship.

Things can soon change as you may already know.