Communal door entry system problems

]Hi,

I live in a block of 6 flats which has the magnetic key fob entry system fitted last year. Since then I and some others have complained that the "trade button allows anybody in from 7.30 am to 3 pm 7days a week. As a result of that on numerous occasions youths have gained entry into the communal area smoking, leaving their rubbish behind, marking the walls and peeing in the corner. On one occasion **** was cleared away by a neighbour. On many occasions the housing wardens were called and the police to remove these individuals. By the time they get here it is sometimes to late.

I record these incidents an send them to Richard Nichols who is dealing with this at the council.

All the above has happened since the magnetic key fob was fitted. I have made several suggestions.

1 Fit cctv no chance.2 Restrict the door opening.3 As the post man comes daily give him/her a key fob that can access those flat on route.

4 Re fit a key. Any other suggestions?

I seem to remember the magnetic door we had on the flats I lived in on the Manor disabled the Trade button after we complained. After that, the postman would ring the first flat on the keypad, and continue until someone answered and let him in. Not even the emergency services could get in without being let in.

Keep logging incidents with 101 as soon as someone is in that shouldn't be there, as it also gets communicated to the council, and keep emailing and writing letters about it.

Many thanks for your responses.

I have suggested disabling the trade button to the council only to met with apathy. How long does it take for the council to take action? When I am in contact with them next I will say that others in other areas had the similar problem /difficulties. Is it unreasonable to feel safe within the block?. A neighbour once filmed them in the later part of last year and did submit the evidence to the council. After a few days his kitchen window was broken whilst the wardens were in with him. The council response "the matter has sorted!"

I was aware that others council blocks had similar problems

I could go on and on.

I'll try to let folks know how things are going with this. Don't hold your breath though.

Many thanks for your responses.

I have suggested disabling the trade button to the council only to met with apathy. How long does it take for the council to take action? When I am in contact with them next I will say that others in other areas had the similar problem /difficulties. Is it unreasonable to feel safe within the block?. A neighbour once filmed them in the later part of last year and did submit the evidence to the council. After a few days his kitchen window was broken whilst the wardens were in with him. The council response "the matter has sorted!"

I was aware that others council blocks had similar problems

I could go on and on.

I'll try to let folks know how things are going with this. Don't hold your breath though.

I'm not sure how long it took; not very long but it wasn't that long since the doors were in before they sorted it out, as the council had to come out daily to fix issues and it costs money to do so. We had issues with homeless people sleeping on the stairs, needles, residents of other blocks using it as a shortcut, kids spraying graffiti.. not nice at all. Keep causing a fuss. If you have vulnerable people in the block (we had a disabled lady on the ground floor, and others with babies) then include that angle. Don't forget 101 for *everything* as it's passed onto the housing and goes on their records. If you just drop them random emails, then it's unlikely to be collated anywhere.

The council won't do anything unless they have to, and if it keeps costing them money to resolve the issues then eventually they'll concede something needs to be done. Eventually..

Good luck!

Hi

I've spoken with Clare at the council anti social behaviour dept. The times on the trade button is going to be reduced by 2 hours 6 days a week and off on Sundays. Also further support for those more vulnerable in the ground flats. Some progress, lets see how this works.

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 13:02 ----------

Hi

It seems that after several phone calls to the council the trade button times have been altered and is now off on Sundays. We now seem to get mainly girls at the back of the property who are smoking and leaving their rubbish behind them. Access is a unlocked wooden gate hopefully they will stop as wardens have been called on numerous occasions to chase them away.

Lets see how this develops.