24 Hour McDonald Ecclesfield Objections need to be in BEFORE JUNE 22nd

What are the specifics of even stuff like storage though?

Can pork/halal be stored in the same room, or same building?

Transported in the same truck?

Can you cook it in the same room, on adjacent cookers, on the same cooker but at other ends?

Are the rules even set in stone or open for interpretation anyway??

It is assumed that all those involved in the production of Halal food are respectful of the people who want it. It only take one brain dead racist moron and the halal food is not halal food. If I was a practising Muslim I wouldn't eat anything prepared by none Muslims. Too risky.

It all gets a bit complicated when various food stuffs are not allowed. Like I said earlier I don't mind as long as customers are advised if its Halal. They can eat it or go elsewhere.

It would worry me that because some of the staff are not well educated and to be blunt racist they may contaminate halal meals with pork. It wouldn't be hard.

This happens anyway. The fish burgers (and the old veggie burgers) are often cooked in the same vats as the chicken products.

I didn't think to ask about the breakfast menu and the occasional bacon burger they do, I shall ask.

This is only an application and the request has been made for a halal site. Perhaps Mcdonalds will reject it.

However, the potential of contamination has been considered and the brothers say that they will only be hiring Muslims.

I am playing football with one of them on Saturday, I will tell them about this thread and see if they are willing to come and address the coments.

From what I understand the halal idea is purely a business rather than a religious one. They feel that there is the demand for a halal Mcdonalds. The younger one, the one I know properly isn't all that fussed about religion.

Who will provide the meat then, I assume McDonalds don't have the ability with their current supply chain.

if they want to sell halal burgers why not open there own burger place?

I don't think McDonalds would allow a great portion of its breakfast menu to be altered, which would need doing if the restaurant went halal.

It would not just be the breakfast menu. Halal and non halal foods can't be stored, transported or prepared in the same vicinity. As I said I have non halal beef dripping imported from Ireland. It's a right pain

It would not just be the breakfast menu. Halal and non halal foods can't be stored, transported or prepared in the same vicinity. As I said I have non halal beef dripping imported from Ireland. It's a right pain

Yes they can.

This happens anyway. The fish burgers (and the old veggie burgers) are often cooked in the same vats as the chicken products.

I didn't think to ask about the breakfast menu and the occasional bacon burger they do, I shall ask.

This is only an application and the request has been made for a halal site. Perhaps Mcdonalds will reject it.

However, the potential of contamination has been considered and the brothers say that they will only be hiring Muslims.

I am playing football with one of them on Saturday, I will tell them about this thread and see if they are willing to come and address the coments.

From what I understand the halal idea is purely a business rather than a religious one. They feel that there is the demand for a halal Mcdonalds. The younger one, the one I know properly isn't all that fussed about religion.

I doubt a halal will be successful there's not many Muslims in the area. Some none Muslims will boycott it. I will. It's destined to fail.

I didn't think we could discriminate on religious grounds in the UK?

I didn't think we could discriminate on religious grounds in the UK?

Not openly no.

Halal food, kosher food or ordinary food does it really matter. Most of time unless you grow it yourself then you haven't got a clue what's in it. Just because someone tells you it's halal or whatever doesn't mean it is. Tesco beef being horse meat ring a bell? The people that care what's in there food probably wouldn't be eating here anyway.

The McDonald's is a bonus for some and not for others either way unless a hell of a lot of people moan about it then it will probably get built and also do well. If it does well then the quiet little 'village' of ecclesfield will be full of these places. Won't be long till the ball becomes a KFC or another tesco express etc.

I don't know if I have been unlucky or what but the two times I have had chicken from the halal kfc opposite the arena it has not tasted as well as other non halal Kfc.

Having said that I ate at a halal McDonald's in Dubai and it tasted no different.

I had KFC in the US. Came with mash potato.

Didn't know you had to ask for 'fries' specifically instead of mash.

And no baked beans in sight.

As for a McDodah in Ecclesfax, may the best side win (locals or Corporate America).

Halal food, kosher food or ordinary food does it really matter. Most of time unless you grow it yourself then you haven't got a clue what's in it. Just because someone tells you it's halal or whatever doesn't mean it is. Tesco beef being horse meat ring a bell? The people that care what's in there food probably wouldn't be eating here anyway.

The McDonald's is a bonus for some and not for others either way unless a hell of a lot of people moan about it then it will probably get built and also do well. If it does well then the quiet little 'village' of ecclesfield will be full of these places. Won't be long till the ball becomes a KFC or another tesco express etc.

Better than the drug - den it has been recently then?