24 Hour McDonald Ecclesfield Objections need to be in BEFORE JUNE 22nd

I don't believe you, given some of your other output I have read. But ho hum.

I know the potential franchisees and can 100% tell you that they are exploring the possibility of the food being Halal. I don't know why you find this so hard to understand.

I know the potential franchisees and can 100% tell you that they are exploring the possibility of the food being Halal. I don't know why you find this so hard to understand.

In any case I regularly eat Halal food so I'm not bothered. It's just that the mere mention of it has seen this thread derailed.

Well it says on McDonalds website that they don't serve Halal in any of there outlets. That will include franchises. All the restaurants will be using the same suppliers for the meat which will not be Halal.

Well it says on McDonalds website that they don't serve Halal in any of there outlets. That will include franchises. All the restaurants will be using the same suppliers for the meat which will not be Halal.

if they want to sell halal burgers why not open there own burger place?

I don't think McDonalds would allow a great portion of its breakfast menu to be altered, which would need doing if the restaurant went halal.

if they want to sell halal burgers why not open there own burger place?

I don't think McDonalds would allow a great portion of its breakfast menu to be altered, which would need doing if the restaurant went halal.

KFC manages to do it, maybe McDonald's realises that it needs to get multicultural?

KFC manages to do it, maybe McDonald's realises that it needs to get multicultural?

so no pork then like the halal kfc branches?

Edited by dangerousedd

They have managed for 42 years with out any problems.

Or maybe it knows they don't have to cater to a minority and the negative feedback when pork is removed from the menu.

The media has been quick to attack Halal KFCs in the past and this forum has had lengthy lively discussion on the subject.

KFC forced to ditch halal-only menus after disappointing sales

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1289601/KFC-forced-ditch-halal-menus-disappointing-sales.html

Will it be still halal after they cook sausage egg muffin on it and not clean grill properly

Will it be still halal after they cook sausage egg muffin on it and not clean grill properly

Pork will be barred from the premises! :hihi:

It will be a halal McDonald's franchise according to someone I know, thanks for your support! :thumbsup:

Read the bit where it says as a franchisee you own your own business and can set your own long term plan= http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/People/Franchising.html/franchising-explained.html

Mc Donald's as a company won't supply halal but nothing to stop franchisees using halal meat products ie burgers, chicken etc... :)

It all gets a bit complicated when various food stuffs are not allowed. Like I said earlier I don't mind as long as customers are advised if its Halal. They can eat it or go elsewhere.

It would worry me that because some of the staff are not well educated and to be blunt racist they may contaminate halal meals with pork. It wouldn't be hard.

What are the specifics of even stuff like storage though?

Can pork/halal be stored in the same room, or same building?

Transported in the same truck?

Can you cook it in the same room, on adjacent cookers, on the same cooker but at other ends?

Are the rules even set in stone or open for interpretation anyway??