24 Hour McDonald Ecclesfield Objections need to be in BEFORE JUNE 22nd

Guest makapaka
Look at other McDonald's, are they in residential areas? No, they're in areas that have other stores around them or are not visible to houses e.g Hillsborough & Tankersly or the ones on retail parks.

It's not selfish at all, it's reducing the risk to the surrounding areas. It's also thinking of the economy. House prices will lower. Would you buy a house across from neon flashing McD's especially if you had children?

Obesity is already a problem. Kids walking home from school can just nip in for a quick 1000 calorie snack instead of going home for their tea. People will be trying to put their children to bed on a Friday night and people will be in there drunk which is a problem with the Sheffield City Centre one and the Hillsborough one (which I know of) and kids going there instead of sitting on a dark park. A McDonald's has already banned children under 18 without adult supervision after a certain time because this is a problem.

The increase in litter will result in more rats and will make the area awful.

I can think of so many reasons why it's a bad idea and the cons far outweigh the pros of this!

So that's;

Economy

House prices reducing

Plague of rats

Obese children

Kids stopping sitting in "dark parks" ?????

Drunks

It's a McDonald's.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it's not going to turn ecclesfoeld into sodom and Gomorrah.

You're of course entitled to lodge your objection but I'd be mindful of going over the top when doing so and then undermining what might be realistic concerns.

I don't live in area but I really wish the permission goes though so those selfish people have to live with it for rest of their life, teach them to be so short sighted/selfish

How lovely of you.

All you ever get in these situations are criticism of the people it impacts. You don't live in the area. It won't impact you.

Sadly the people who feel the biggest impact are the ones usually ignored.

But feel free to continue criticising them.

It will be a halal McDonald's franchise according to someone I know, thanks for your support! :thumbsup:

Are you trying to derail this thread again? You already have done once for pages and pages after your false claim on Page 1...

my bold=

I stated "according to someone i know" in my first post so no it wasn't a false claim it was something I heard.

It didn't derail the thread it added some curry powder to it and spiced it up a bit.

Now how's about you go and wind your neck in? :rolleyes:

I don't believe you, given some of your other output I have read. But ho hum.

How lovely of you.

All you ever get in these situations are criticism of the people it impacts. You don't live in the area. It won't impact you.

Sadly the people who feel the biggest impact are the ones usually ignored.

But feel free to continue criticising them.

it may effect 20 houses view at most. does that out weight jobs for local youth and single parents?

it may effect 20 houses view at most. does that out weight jobs for local youth and single parents?

Do you seriously believe it only affects the view??? And there'll be no other impact at all on anything?

What has single parents got to do with anything? And I presume you know it will result in local youth getting jobs there?

Do you seriously believe it only affects the view??? And there'll be no other impact at all on anything?

What has single parents got to do with anything? And I presume you know it will result in local youth getting jobs there?

Well....

SOMEONE will be getting jobs there, because there wern't any there before.... that's good.

SOMEONE will have to pick up the discarded polystyrene trays from their gardens every day..... that's bad.

The junction will be even more congested than it was before..... that's bad

Our totally honest, trustworthy and helpful local Police force won't have far to go for their sustenance ....... that's good

The Travellers will have competition ....... that's good

(Well it's got to be better than 1 meal for the price of two)

Maybe they will fill in the holes in the street (northbound twd Chap) so that McD's delivery lorries don't sink without trace...... that's good

The upshot is that unless you are a Rozzer or a Bus driver, then you can go to hell ;-)

I won't be objecting either. It is not the worst idea.

Just out of interest would any locals who are objecting to this also be objecting if it were say Pizza Hut who wanted to open a restaurant there? Is it just McDonalds they don't like the thought of etc...

Also what if it was a pub chain going to apply to build a family pub kind of place (Meadow Farm style etc...) would that be a no go or if not why as that for me would cause more issues than a fast food place.

Having seen the series last year about KFC and them going through planning and building a new KFC it was all in the plans that they had to pay for the local council to provide extra services to stop the local area becoming full of KFC rubbish so possibly a standard thing with places like these when built in residential areas?

There's at least a couple of other McDonalds built in residential areas in Sheffield alone.... Handsworth Rd, Greenland Rd, Possibly even Archer Rd could also be classed as this??? and that's a much more affluent area than Ecclesfield is. There are also plenty of KFC restaurants built in residential areas rather than retail parks etc.... The large one at Woodseats that has been there for maybe 30 years and has recently been demolished and rebuilt again springs immediately to mind.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Guest makapaka
Just out of interest would any locals who are objecting to this also be objecting if it were say Pizza Hut who wanted to open a restaurant there? Is it just McDonalds they don't like the thought of etc...

Also what if it was a pub chain going to apply to build a family pub kind of place (Meadow Farm style etc...) would that be a no go or if not why as that for me would cause more issues than a fast food place.

Having seen the series last year about KFC and them going through planning and building a new KFC it was all in the plans that they had to pay for the local council to provide extra services to stop the local area becoming full of KFC rubbish so possibly a standard thing with places like these when built in residential areas?

There's at least one other McDonalds built in residential areas in Sheffield alone.... Handsworth Rd, Greenland Rd, Possibly even Archer Rd could also be classed as this??? and that's a much more affluent area than Ecclesfield is. There are also plenty of KFC restaurants built in residential areas rather than retail parks etc.... The large one at Woodseats that has been there for maybe 30 years and has recently been demolished and rebuilt again springs immediately to mind.

I also can't understand the clamour to deride McDonalds. I've never heard reports of trouble around their restaurants. They have also done a lot to offer other options for food.

The litter thing i agree with and someone made a fantastic suggestion earlier in the thread about bar coding it with your number plate.

All I would say is that people have legitimate concerns then by all means put them to the planning board but making out like its the end of the world is just daft.

Bit of nimbyism going on. Reminds me of the Tesco in fulwood which people campaigned about but is now chocka block every night of the week.

I won't be objecting either. It is not the worst idea.

I reckon it is a great idea :thumbsup:

It's a few selfish local that don't care about others,