24 Hour McDonald Ecclesfield Objections need to be in BEFORE JUNE 22nd

It will be passed no matter what as the council will get a nice back hander out of it

so long as its planned right it should be ok, hopefully they wont improve the junction like they did down at the new Sainsbury's.

Excessive waiting times at the traffic-lights due to access to Morrisions via traffic lights especially at peak traffic times.

....and this is down to our car hating traffic planners. They could sort this out if they wanted to, but then point to the queues being caused by too many cars. Be better if you all caught the bus....

so long as its planned right it should be ok, hopefully they wont improve the junction like they did down at the new Sainsbury's.

Oh, do you mean the one at the end of Leppings Lane?

If so, that was a great piece of planning (NOT!)

Oh, do you mean the one at the end of Leppings Lane?

If so, that was a great piece of planning (NOT!)

yes that one, suppose it worked great when they simulated it but not such much in real life.

It needs to be a material consideration which includes things like:

•Overlooking/loss of privacy

•Loss of light or overshadowing

•Parking

•Highway safety

•Traffic

•Noise

•Effect on listed building and conservation area

•Layout and density of building

•Design, appearance and materials

•Government policy

•Disabled persons' access

•Proposals in the Development Plan

•Previous planning decisions (including appeal decisions)

•Nature conservation

However, issues such as loss of view, or negative effect on the value of properties are not material considerations.

The Hillsborough one has a nature reserve in it, so that's good :)

I was queueing the other day in the drive through and saw a rat running into the hedge with a catch :)

Mod message:

Posters have already been asked not to post links containing personal details (names and addresses), however, we are aware that the website does actually contain these details, and it's in the public domain. So it's a bit contradictory.

However, we would ask members not to quote excerpts from the planning website which personally identifies people. What they say, I would consider to be ok, but not their names and address, and certainly not a direct link to a specific objection or comment.

We always advise members 'not' to publish their own name and address on the forum, in the interests of safety and security. Please don't abuse other people who you may or may not know by posting 'their' names and addresses. It's just common courtesy and bad form really.

If there are further instances of this, we will have no choice but to 'pull' the thread.

Please do the decent thing and abide by this request.

Thanks

Pete

Mod message:

Posters have already been asked not to post links containing personal details (names and addresses), however, we are aware that the website does actually contain these details, and it's in the public domain. So it's a bit contradictory.

However, we would ask members not to quote excerpts from the planning website which personally identifies people. What they say, I would consider to be ok, but not their names and address, and certainly not a direct link to a specific objection or comment.

We always advise members 'not' to publish their own name and address on the forum, in the interests of safety and security. Please don't abuse other people who you may or may not know by posting 'their' names and addresses. It's just common courtesy and bad form really.

If there are further instances of this, we will have no choice but to 'pull' the thread.

Please do the decent thing and abide by this request.

Thanks

Pete

So are we allow to post links to the homepage of planning applications or not? You don't really make that clear.

So are we allow to post links to the homepage of planning applications or not? You don't really make that clear.

As far as I'm concerned 'yes'. Sorry about the confusion. But no names please.

As far as I'm concerned 'yes'. Sorry about the confusion. But no names please.

Do I get an apology then? :D

It will be a halal McDonald's franchise according to someone I know, thanks for your support! :thumbsup:

Are you jesting? :D

I don't really mind Halal if it's advertised as such and then people can eat it or not... What I don't understand is why Halal is deemed popular in this area... its not really populated with many Muslims. I suppose people passing through could be, but they could not be as well and may be put off...