24 Hour McDonald Ecclesfield Objections need to be in BEFORE JUNE 22nd

so will they tell customers their products are halal? I assume they will do

Why bother?

They would be daft not to otherwise Muslims will not know they sell halal product.

true enough, dunno what the head honcho's at McDonald's will say though

why would parents with kids need a 24 hour macdonalds ?

If you read my post I don't once say anything about it being 24 hours just its handy for parents with kids. Also don't think traffics going to be a issue through the night is it??

---------- Post added 18-06-2016 at 07:25 ----------

Also about time they change the old pheasant into a KFC especially since places like this and Mc Donald's don't deliver so people that don't drive etc haven't got far to go to enjoy one.

it would get some gd buisness from bus depot an id get a day off making fella his pack up ?

It will be a halal McDonald's franchise according to someone I know, thanks for your support! :thumbsup:

About time we have a halal McDonald's. I hope your right and not just winding up the racists on here (though winding them up is always good).

I found the halal KFC better tasting than its non halal variety.

---------- Post added 18-06-2016 at 16:10 ----------

To All Residents and business owners of The Common/Greenlane Area of Ecclesfield.

Sheffield City Council are considering planns to allow a 24 hour McDonalds on the site of the old police training building at the Junction of The Common and Green Lane.

Several people have already lodged objections Please do the same BEFORE JUNE 22nd by visiting

You will need to Click on "register" and fill out your details. Once you have confirmed your registration you can search for 16/01781/FUL register you objection and leave a comment.

Some potential problems include

Traffic congestion in an area already troubled with congestion due on street parking by staff from the bus depot, and other surrounding businesses + buses waiting their standing times and driver swap overs. Excessive waiting times at the traffic-lights due to access to Morrisions via traffic lights especially at peak traffic times.

South Yorshire Police have a Sub Divisional HQ next door and increased congestion may very well negativly impact on police vehicles ability to access their HQ

The problems the constant smell of fast food, litter, unwanted gangs of youths, noise and the eyesore of a 24 hour Light up McDonalds sign on 24 hours a day

Also McDonalds have only informed the 10 closest addresses to the proposed site which I feel is very sneaky as it has a much wider impact on the area than that

Thanks for the heads up I will put in my letter of support.

Edited by Groose

About time we have a halal McDonald's. I hope your right and not just winding up the racists on here

So objecting to Halal is being racist now? :huh::huh:

So objecting to Halal is being racist now? :huh::huh:

No not per say but it does wind up a lot of racists when people say halal is being sold. I dont know why you will have to ask them but it does.

---------- Post added 18-06-2016 at 16:28 ----------

Why bother?

Well they will have to. As Muslims will not go there unless it has the certificate of authenticity that it is halal displayed.

so will they tell customers their products are halal? I assume they will do

Can you still order a Bacon Cheese Burger?

Please if you have any common sense you will not object. it gives local youth a good chance to get a job and understand the value of money.

Please if you have any common sense you will not object. it gives local youth a good chance to get a job and understand the value of money.

Sadly the nimbys of the world, such as the OP, dont seem to care about giving people a job and dont have anything better to do than to do silly objections.

I have written support for this proposal on the council board and would encourage others to do the same. I live just up the road from a drive through (Granville Road) and see no problem with it.

Its very safe as the police often frequent there to have food.

Sadly the nimbys of the world, such as the OP, dont seem to care about giving people a job and dont have anything better to do than to do silly objections.

I have written support for this proposal on the council board and would encourage others to do the same. I live just up the road from a drive through (Granville Road) and see no problem with it.

Its very safe as the police often frequent there to have food.

Yes the OP has the cheek to call us trolls????

A 24hour Mcdonald will give local a lot of full and part time jobs. great for single mums. student. etc etc Cant understand why the selfish op has against jobs and money for his local community