24 Hour McDonald Ecclesfield Objections need to be in BEFORE JUNE 22nd

i was just pointing out there are 24hr mc donalds outside of the city centre, I'm more concerned about the traffic problems it will cause.

I'd have thought the Morrisons just up the road would attract far more traffic - certainly the case at Hillsborough.

What %age increase in traffic will a McDonalds bring? Reckon we're looking at low single figures.

ok,

Meadowhall

Darnall

Handsworth

Drakehouse

...and Granville Road.

To All Residents and business owners of The Common/Greenlane Area of Ecclesfield.

Sheffield City Council are considering planns to allow a 24 hour McDonalds on the site of the old police training building at the Junction of The Common and Green Lane.

Several people have already lodged objections Please do the same BEFORE JUNE 22nd by visiting

You will need to Click on "register" and fill out your details. Once you have confirmed your registration you can search for 16/01781/FUL register you objection and leave a comment.

Some potential problems include

Traffic congestion in an area already troubled with congestion due on street parking by staff from the bus depot, and other surrounding businesses + buses waiting their standing times and driver swap overs. Excessive waiting times at the traffic-lights due to access to Morrisions via traffic lights especially at peak traffic times.

South Yorshire Police have a Sub Divisional HQ next door and increased congestion may very well negativly impact on police vehicles ability to access their HQ

The problems the constant smell of fast food, litter, unwanted gangs of youths, noise and the eyesore of a 24 hour Light up McDonalds sign on 24 hours a day

Also McDonalds have only informed the 10 closest addresses to the proposed site which I feel is very sneaky as it has a much wider impact on the area than that

Traffic congestion in this area could be eased if the signal sequence/filter system at the Travellers wasn't absolutely ridiculous.

They could build a McDonalds, a KFC, and a football stadium in the area and things would move faster than now if they altered this to make sense.

Edited by Groose

Traffic congestion in this area could be eased if the signal sequence/filter system at the Travellers wasn't absolutely ridiculous.

They could build a McDonalds, a KFC, and a football stadium in the area and things would move faster than now if they altered this to make sense.

I suppose McDonalds will pay for the road alterations? like Sainsbury's did?

not sure whether that made things better or worse

The junction doesn't need altering at the moment. It's the sequence and filtering IMO, as I said.

If McD paid for alterations, and that included that the sequence being reprogrammed to make sense, then I'll be voting in favour of it, since the council don't care now.

It's worse at this junction now, but wasn't suggesting a new junction at Eccles.

Trolls should feel perfectly free to troll away I wont be biting :) This is posted as a heads up for those locals who haven't heard. Enjoy!!!

Why are they trolling?

I'm a local resident. I hadn't heard.

I think it's an absolutey brilliant idea. You can't post something then when people disagree simply label them trolls.

Why are they trolling?

I'm a local resident. I hadn't heard.

I think it's an absolutey brilliant idea. You can't post something then when people disagree simply label them trolls.

I'm fairly local too (I'm certainly around there a few times per as well), and also hadn't heard of it.

It will be a halal McDonald's franchise according to someone I know, thanks for your support! :thumbsup:

I'm afraid McDonalds have already confirmed they won't be serving halal meat in the UK.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/whatmakesmcdonalds/questions/food/halal/why-doesnt-mcdonalds-offer-halal-food.html

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/whatmakesmcdonalds/questions/food/halal/why-cant-you-offer-halal-food.html

Edited by Revel

Read the bit where it says as a franchisee you own your own business and can set your own long term plan= http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/People/Franchising.html/franchising-explained.html

Mc Donald's as a company won't supply halal but nothing to stop franchisees using halal meat products ie burgers, chicken etc... :)

so will they tell customers their products are halal? I assume they will do

Edited by dangerousedd

I'm fairly local too (I'm certainly around there a few times per as well), and also hadn't heard of it.

Me neither.

so will they tell customers their products are halal? I assume they will do

They would be daft not to otherwise Muslims will not know they sell halal product.