Who will succeed Cameron?

If our new female PM is half as good as our last woman in No10, the country is in good hands.

Even if it's May? The Remaininator??

I'm rather looking forward to our next, Pro-EU, PM :)

Even Leadsom is better than Gove (lmao, bye snake!). As Charles Clark said, she doesn't really want to leave the EU.

Though, in 2016, I do find her opposition to gay marriage backwards, stupid, ignorant, ridiculous, prejudiced and insane.

Even if it's May? The Remaininator??

I'm rather looking forward to our next, Pro-EU, PM :)

Even Leadsom is better than Gove (lmao, bye snake!). As Charles Clark said, she doesn't really want to leave the EU.

Though, in 2016, I do find her opposition to gay marriage backwards, stupid, ignorant, ridiculous, prejudiced and insane.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion wouldnt you agree . ?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion wouldnt you agree . ?

Yes, hence why I just expressed mine.

For those who believe in democracy, they will understand that a majority vote FOR something means the AGAINST lose not only the argument but by the number of people who won, no matter how narrow the margin.

If we are to have democracy then we have to abide by the rules just like Jeremy Corbyn right now which I'm sure most of you agree with on here. You can't have your cake and eat it, even Jeremy was against the United States of Europe as it was even more totalitarian than him. He stll wins because of the amount of the vote FOR him.

Now we are left with a remainer in May who slept under the duvet when the action was going on and never dared raise her head above the parapet until now, who resided over the biggest immigration flood in our history and went to war on our police and is an undisputed pro-EU advocate who commands the backing of the establishment we wish to rid ourselves of.

If I had a vote, I know I would vote Leadsom to free us of the deadwood we have had no chance to get rid of before.

Edited by Jakeypoos

It was good that there didn't appear any tactical voting in the second ballot which was speculated and that Gove didn't make the final two. Andrea Leadsom seemed too eager to justify her candidency in the interviews I have seen over the last couple of days in my opinion. If the Conservative Party were in opposition, then time would be on her side to prove herself to be a worthy candidate for a few Prime Minister. At this moment Theresa May is the logical choice out of the two ladies to be our next Prime Minister. In the best interest of the country Andrea Leadsom should stand down.

It was good that there didn't appear any tactical voting in the second ballot which was speculated and that Gove didn't make the final two. Andrea Leadsom seemed too eager to justify her candidency in the interviews I have seen over the last couple of days in my opinion. If the Conservative Party were in opposition, then time would be on her side to prove herself to be a worthy candidate for a few Prime Minister. At this moment Theresa May is the logical choice out of the two ladies to be our next Prime Minister. In the best interest of the country Andrea Leadsom should stand down.

You see Gamston, I would personally disagree. Andrea Leadsom may be a new fish but at least she's had a few real jobs and understands the real world and what we all face and is outside of the Westminster bubble and not part of the establishment which makes her an Ocean apart from May.

Cameron never had a real job in his life and managed for a while as PM until he threw his toys out of the pram. He couldn't hack it and never had a plan B and that is the arrogance of the establishment to think they are oh so right and the vote couldn't possibly go against them. Leadsom may be new but she's made of better stuff than May and Cameron and I reckon she will pull it off and actually keep her promises like all EU citizens living here now and settled can stay and she will trigger article 50 straight away.

Mark my words: In five years time we will look back over our shoulders with a smile on our faces looking at a broken EU.

Edited by Jakeypoos

Agreed. I'm not impressed that she wanted to scrap minimum wage for smaller businesses either.

So, what a great choice we have:

May who has played a major part in a government that has repeatedly failed in it's targets, who has been in charge of the police force which is in a mess, who has been responsible for immigration which exceeded targets by 400% and who's people skills are lacking, or Leadsom who opposed gay marriage, and minimum wage for small businesses and who knows what else. The nation deserves better.:(

I understand Cameron's plunged the country in to deep doo doo and we need to move fast, but this seems crazy. How long now before the leader is 'elected'?

Edited by Lex Luthor

Andrea Leadsom talks sense regarding small businesses, especially with issues regarding maternity leave. She abstained from the vote about gay marriage, in any case her views about that are irrellevent now because that issue has been decided.

You see Gamston, I would personally disagree. Andrea Leadsom may be a new fish but at least she's had a few real jobs

and quite a few fake ones, according to her CV! :)

Agreed. I'm not impressed that she wanted to scrap minimum wage for smaller businesses either.

I bet the small businesses are not looking forward to paying £9 per hour, in a few years. I share some of her views, though not sure if she is too right wing to be the Tory leader :)

Just like its not a good idea to have JC too far to the left.

So, what a great choice we have:

May who has played a major part in a government that has repeatedly failed in it's targets, who has been in charge of the police force which is in a mess, who has been responsible for immigration which exceeded targets by 400% and who's people skills are lacking, or Leadsom who opposed gay marriage, and minimum wage for small businesses and who knows what else. The nation deserves better.:(

I understand Cameron's plunged the country in to deep doo doo and we need to move fast, but this seems crazy. How long now before the leader is 'elected'?

This is the democracy that Brexiters wanted. A PM for the next 4 years, chosen only by 150,000 members of the party. One of whom is trying to win support by saying she will renege the ban on fox hunting and showing displeasure at gay marriage.

Brilliant.

This is the democracy that Brexiters wanted. A PM for the next 4 years, chosen only by 150,000 members of the party. One of whom is trying to win support by saying she will renege the ban on fox hunting and showing displeasure at gay marriage.

Brilliant.

The lady represents South Northamptonshire which has a long history and tradition of fox hunting. David Cameron intended to alter the ill thought out legislation regarding fox hunting, but decided not to proceed due to opposition from the Scottish National Party. Andrea Leadsom has no plans to alter the new law which allows gay marriage and is entitled to have beliefs that marriage should only be between a man and woman, which are the same as the beliefs of the church of England.