Who will succeed Cameron?

There's no mention of reform in MrM's quote from Hansard..

No but there has been in her interviews since.

---------- Post added 05-07-2016 at 15:02 ----------

Anyone seen the Rifkind/Clarke leadership 'discussion' on Slynews this afternoon? Absolutely hilarious. Frightening and hilarious.

We should be thankful then that none of the Brexiters have been so foolhardy as to promise that they'll retain access to the internal market AND put an end free movement.

I wasn't interested in what the leave or remain campaign said before the referendum, because I made my mind to vote leave in the 1980's, if ever the UK had another EU referendum. I believe many people had made their minds up to vote leave the EU, without any input from any politicians.

I wasn't interested in what the leave or remain campaign said before the referendum, because I made my mind to vote leave in the 1980's, if ever the UK had another EU referendum. I believe many people had made their minds up to vote leave the EU, without any input from any politicians.

I was commenting on people who are stating positions before negotiations start.

If stating a position on existing EU migrants to the UK is a negotiating mistake, then what is saying that open borders will be closed and/or access to the internal market will be retained if not an even bigger negotiation faux pas.

You protest too much about me saying you haven't a clue :)
I didn't claim 30 years of business ownership, Mr knows-business-best :P

Any negotiator should keep their cards closely to their chest before starting negotiations.
Problem is, after 40 years of membership, the UK's deck is see-through :D

BREXIT negotiations haven't started yet, so nobody should be making any promises especially those who are not in a position of authority to make promises yet or ever will be.
I'll just refer you back to my earlier comment contrasting expat UK OAPs and EU economical contributors.

You're avoiding the issues too much :twisted:

First poll result due at about 1900hrs today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36709218

Exciting! Fox out first. But support for Gove and Crabb will be low and they'll bow out too. Ballots sent out to members in the morning. That's what I think will happen anyway.

Fox and Crabb, eh? An odd dietary choice.

Good name for a pub :)

Exciting! Fox out first. But support for Gove and Crabb will be low and they'll bow out too. Ballots sent out to members in the morning. That's what I think will happen anyway.

Should have had a flutter on that.:hihi: Gove not out yet, but won't be long.

Should have had a flutter on that.:hihi: Gove not out yet, but won't be long.

Hopefully. Was right about Crabby though. He's gone and is backing May.

Gove has til Thursday to convince his party he's not a back stabbing little rat.

Hopefully. Was right about Crabby though. He's gone and is backing May.

Gove has til Thursday to convince his party he's not a back stabbing little rat.

He reminds me of one of those thunderbird puppets

Just been watching the reaction on SKY News. They are saying there is likely to be tactical voting in the second ballot to try and get Gove to finish second as he would be less of a threat for Theresa May in the members vote. I think Andrea Leadsom should also pull out and give her support to Theresa May, like Fox and Crabb have done.

It was a clear victory for Theresa May in the first ballot and she should be our next Prime Minister sooner rather than later.