England game Sheffield lads.

Meh, the S18 postcode does it for me. Sheffield born-and-bred.

Some parts of Padstow in northern Cornwall has a Plymouth postcode even though it's over 50 miles and over an hours drive away.

Let's just say he's a local lad and put this one to bed, he actually went to school with my friends son.

I think Vardy is an absolutely fantastic player and is massively underrated.

He might not be an attractive, household name as of yet but he has proven himself to be a different class in front of goal in both the premier league and at international level and his consistency has shown him to be way more than a flash in the pan.

It was obvious again Yesterday than Hodgson had got it all wrong. The formation and selection choices were all way off the mark and as soon as he made the changes to address this, we suddenly transformed into the England that we have seen in the qualifiers.

Vardy is extremely old fashioned in his style of play and he was pivotal in our win Yesterday, not only for his goal but for his overall game play, on and off the ball.

Twice yesterday Vardy drifted onto the shoulder of Williams into a blind spot and due to this he kept dragging williams out of position which created gaps for Rashford, Ahli and Sturridge to play football in.

Going back to his goal, well that was just a trypical Vardy style goal. He's pacey and he is a poacher. Fantastic with both feet and can nod one in as well. Top all round striker.

---------- Post added 17-06-2016 at 13:17 ----------

Walker was superb.

He's come a long way.

I think Rooney was a massive factor behind Walker standing out as much as well. He kept picking ball up and looking to switch play and setting Walker free down the wing. Not only is Walker ridiculously fast but his close ball control is generally second to none as well.

I think Cahill, Walker and Vardy were all fantastic yesterday.

Of the players in the Euros who are either current (or more likely) former players for the owls and blades, are any of you following those teams with a bit more interest?

Pudil for the Czechs, and McGeady and Westwood for Ireland are the only current Sheffield based players out there...

I know we've got former blades Walker and Cahill in for England (Barkley not got on yet, and wasn't Vardy with a younger owls team at one stage?), but I see Jamie Ward's been involved for Northern Ireland, I think Glenn Whelan has been playing for the republic but Stephen Quinn hasn't got on yet, Vokes and Cotterill in the squad for Wales... who else do we have links to from our clubs?

Jamie Ward, N Ireland - never mind, didn't see him mentioned in your post.

Shocking game from Walker last night. Shocking.

What I can not understand is how people are surprised as we are crap ,we do not have one World class player.

Sky have ruined the English league making the players more interested in how much money they can get rather than being loyal to their team or Country.

shocking from every single player on pitch from start to finish if i was fa i would be looking at this match as match fixing it was that bad rooney has to retire....

only good thing to come of all this is Hodgson as gone at last......

Shocking game from Walker last night. Shocking.

Everyone was shocking Frank but I agree where was Walker when they got their 1st, he should be back there he and 10 others plus subs were a national disgrace last night (except Rashford).

Everyone was shocking Frank but I agree where was Walker when they got their 1st, he should be back there he and 10 others plus subs were a national disgrace last night (except Rashford).

I only mentioned Walker because the thread is about Sheffield lads.

Walker had a couple of good games.

But his defending at the first goal last night was school girl stuff.

As was the tactic for the long throw. As was the goal keeping for the second goal. As was the general forward play overall, especially set pieces.

I only mentioned Walker because the thread is about Sheffield lads.

Walker had a couple of good games.

But his defending at the first goal last night was school girl stuff.

As was the tactic for the long throw. As was the goal keeping for the second goal. As was the general forward play overall, especially set pieces.

A bit sexist mate... :huh::roll:

Walker didn't have the success down the wing and England didn't have a plan B.