Jo Cox MP shot and stabbed; has died

What a terrible thing to have happened. RIP , J. Cox.

This was a woman with a great career in front of her politically, a family and a husband; she has had her life snatched from her. May her family find peace in the months, years to come & may Jo Cox RIP, taken well before her time.

Words fail me really in this world we live in, respect Jo Cox xx

Pete

RIP Jo you were a shining example of a conviction politician,wife and mother.

R.I.P. Jo

God knows how or why she offended this man that he could do such a manic deed and why he thought she deserved to die.

He bought the stuff 17 years ago though.

Reports are saying his far-right activity was more recent than that and that this is central to the police enquiry.

This may break forum rules, I don't know as I'm not clever enough to read up on everything but there is a page to donate to charities chosen by Jo's family http://www.gofundme.com/jocox

in her memory. I know that some may not wish or be in a position to donate but after the outpouring of grief for a mummy,wife and highly respected MP some may wish to throw in their twopennorth.

R.I.P. Jo

God knows how or why she offended this man that he could do such a manic deed and why he thought she deserved to die.

Very sad, I heard that she intervened in an argument, nothing to do with politics at all.

Very sad, I heard that she intervened in an argument, nothing to do with politics at all.

I fear it's going to turn out a lot more sinister than that, but let's see.

So sad, an emerging politician of commitment and great heart - a great loss to the nation and an awful loss of a mum to her children.

Let's wait and see.

Let's wait and see.

Wise words. Unfortunately the world has gone into overdrive assuming reasons for the murder, newspapers are branding him a Brexit Murderer and people are rushing to make either political points or to call for a moratorium on criticising any MP.

The political establishment seem to want to use her murder to silence critique about politicians in general. Fine, if they want that to happen then they should start behaving like honest people instead of the careerist, expense fiddling, filibustering, boorish, vulgar people we see in reality.

Jo seemed like a good one, its a pity "MP" is now regarded as low as "estate agent" in the scheme of things, but it's their own fault.

Mair has now been charged with multiple crimes including Jo's murder so probably best to lock till post trial?