Cliff Richards house raided - investigation now dropped

To be fair the police have been criticized in the past for NOT investigating celebs and establishment figures for this type of thing. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Yes but they utterly bungled this investigation from day 1.

To be fair the police have been criticized in the past for NOT investigating celebs and establishment figures for this type of thing. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

---------- Post added 16-06-2016 at 13:30 ----------

I had second thoughts about what I initially put. Shouldn't put spurious rumours out about people.

Too late I googled it and I'm in total shock now! I've never heard that mentioned before. How the hell did you know about it!

Yes but they utterly bungled this investigation from day 1.

As Cliff Richards rightly said. This was a phishing trip. The police went to the press before they even spoke to him. It brings the cranks and chancers out of the cracks in the walls looking for their 15 minutes of fame and a nice bit of compo.

Edited by foxy lady

Some of his records might be dodgy, but it is a disgrace how he has been treated. He is an innocent man.

The South Yorkshire police have spent £800,000 of taxpayers money and took two years to make a decision to drop the investigation. An absolutely disgrace.

£800,000 before the investigation into how they behaved gets underway. What with Hillsborough, Orgreave, Grooming scandal eyc, it won't be long before the entire South Yorkshire Police budget is spent on clearing up its owm misdemeanors.

Too late I googled it and I'm in total shock now! I've never heard that mentioned before. How the hell did you know about it!

You would be amazed what you can find with a free proxy and an hour of your time.

I heard that SYP only opened the investigation in the first place because Wired for Sound was on in the canteen and they heard they he liked small speakers and got a bit confused....

Care to elaborate?

I don't mean in a pervy sense!!

It's just his choice of hair cuts and songs - dodgy!! :hihi:

---------- Post added 16-06-2016 at 14:49 ----------

Google Cliff Richard/Harry Web and the body in the suitcase ;)

Hmmmmm :suspect:

You would be amazed what you can find with a free proxy and an hour of your time.
Never knew he had a house near to where Madeline McCaan vanished from...

Clearly we need a police commissioner to sort them out!

(strictly tongue in cheek)

billings is quoted on the star website as saying " this probe should not have been played out in public" so what was he doing while all this went on??

Never knew he had a house near to where Madeline McCaan vanished from...

Isn't that Clement Freud (also in the news), or both of them?

---------- Post added 16-06-2016 at 16:08 ----------

billings is quoted on the star website as saying " this probe should not have been played out in public" so what was he doing while all this went on??

Busy trying to get re-elected?

Certainly not updating his blog:

http://www.southyorkshire-pcc.gov.uk/About/About-Your-PCC.aspx