Cliff Richards house raided - investigation now dropped

SYP were inept long before they raided Sir Cliff's house, Orgreave, Hillsborough and recently Rotherham add in their failure with children's services in Doncaster it's a wonder they have not been declared unfit for purpose. As for Sir Cliff not suing I'm not so sure, if the allegations prove false why shouldn't he sue, I know I would.

I think the way they raided Cliffs house was totally wrong and somebody needs to be held to account.

He had already cooperated so why the need to do it the way they did.

Compare that with the current situation in Rotherham where they failed to investigate reports of abuse happening currently not decades ago.

Absolutely disgraceful.

The law should be applied equally whether you are a celeb or a regular member of the public.

syp are complete mugs anyway have been this way for many years

SYP senior officers and management are beyond inept. The force needs disbanding and the old regime need dragging through the courts and taken to task for what were they actually doing for the last 30 years!

I read this today and realised the problems are still worse than ever. They couldnt care less about the citizens they are supposed to represent.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rotherham-child-grooming-scandal-thirty-4508754

Sir Cliff Richard: Police inquiry 'significantly expanded'

BBC reports SYP saying:

historical sex offence inquiry into Sir Cliff Richard has "increased significantly in size" and involves "more than one allegation"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31630793

People say the wat they handled that raid was inept, but I don't know; I thought the secret raid on the accused - who cannot be named for legal reasons - looked quite professional, judging by the video footage, news paper reports and eye witness accounts on the day.

Some folk are never happy.

Yes - and, sadly, these are the ones who are most likely to vote with their feet - the ones who really care and who are generally the ones out on the street - not the ones who make the decisions and are hidden away in their ivory towers.

Folk need to remember this amidst all this madness.

Having arrogant high ranking officers in the SYP hidden away on their ivory towers is not a new phenomon, it has been the case for a great many years, people who think they have all cornered the market in good ideas and good sense, who look at anyone below the rank of Chief Inspector who hasn't spent time in the inner circle of police headquarters, as s..t on their shoes.

And to those who say the police look after their own,,,,not a chance, if a cop does something wrong, those of high rank rip him to shreds without mercy,,deservedly so sometimes but often not so deservedly.

But they have now been found out and years of decisions by inept inexperienced high ranking officers with no experience has come back to bite them. Those with no sense or experience cannot properly show those coming behind them how to take over and the whole ability to command is continually watered down to a state we are in today. Unfortunately it is these inept armchair warriors, who have never seen an angry man and are upset if they are not in their nice warm safe bed every night, that are driving all this stupidity. I wonder did anyone see the programme about the SYP a few weeks ago, did you notice how many high ranking officers running around with paper in their hand who were fawning around after the Chief Constable ranks who were more interested in making targets look good rather than getting thing done that mattered

When one considers that it is now being considered to get graduates to go straight into the job at a commanding high rank, what experience of policing do they have ?? then you can see why the SYP, indeed most forces, are in such a bad state. But then again, when you consider that the Police Commissioner is a lowly politician with absolutely no Police knowledge or experience, that he can influence and control the workings of a Police Force, again little wonder all this is happening with the Police, the whole world has gone mad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31630793

No smoke without fire.

Watch this space I reckon.

Maybe those who are so quick to slag off SYP will be made to eat their words since none of us know the full story do we ?

Allegedly . The BBC came to the SYP and said they knew about the allegation against Sir Cliff and they knew about the proposed raid on his house.

How they knew this I don't know.

Allegedly. They then threatened to go public with the information if they weren't given the inside track to the raid. Time, date, etc.

Allegedly. Instead of saying 'publish and be damned'. The SYP folded and allowed the BBC 'special' access.

The following reactions are history on the public alter of St Cliff.

The allegations regarding the above will remain unchanged.

Current leaks manipulate us.

But the fickle jury of public opinion will twist and twist again.

If anyone from south yorkshire police told me it was dark outside, id open the curtains to make sure. You will never come across a more inept, incompatant bunch in your life.

Their list of incompitance is endless

Hillsbro Disaster

The Rotherham Grooming Scandal

Now harassing Sir Cliff Richard

They make the Keystone cops look efficient .

You will never come across a more inept, incompatant bunch in your life.

Their list of incompitance is endless...

Please, stick to single-syllable words in future.