EU Voting Purely About Migrants?

Whether you voted in or out is pretty irrelevant now. But considering all outside the UK discarded us as "Little England"...

Well, the Lion roared and EVERYONE jumped!

No escaping that!

oh yes the lion roared. I hope it keeps roaring when the economy contracts

Interesting topic, but now redundant. We are out. Happy days.

Many seem to claim that they did not vote leave due to immigration, yet this is the main thread.

How will the politicians know what new policies to invoke?

Scrap free movement and get immigration down to 50,000 will put us into severe recession?

I have accepted the result before. Does that mean I can't point out the fallacy in reason for a lot of people to vote leave?

I am not going to have that discussion in two threads. Look what I have to say about what is likely to happen now in the other thread. But this thread is about whether a lot of people voted out based on the migration situation. They did. And an awful lot of nasty folk out there feel very happy they can now spout their racist claptrap. Not on this forum, but they do it in pubs, on their own fora, in comments with the daily rags, don't tell me that isn't happening Ricgem, it makes you a denialist. The idle standing-by whilst the tsunami sweeps the country.

If you don't think this vote was about immigration for a lot of people, than explain that.

You should read the Sunday rags today!!!! the rich and elitist of our Country bleating like stuck pigs because the not listened to among us have now spoken out, telling them that things must change and that a fairer system must now be put in place in England and Wales where all can have a piece of the action .

You're full of it Zamo aren't you? That bigotry. How often do we see you claim on here that muslims are to blame for terrorism, that they have to apologise, that you don't want them here with their outdated beliefs. Or are you now retracting that?

I've never asked Muslims to apologies because it's hollow and pointless gesture. I've asked Muslims to reform their religion because it has a grossly disproportionate problem with extremism and because only they can do anything about it. I've argued that even the 'moderate' majority teach their children to believe in a bigoted god, that will burn in hell all non-believers and homosexuals, and there should be no surprise if some deity inspired intolerance and bigotry rubs off. It is all legitimate criticism and I reject the absurd notion that it is bigotry to challenge the propagating and perpetuating of bigotry because it comes from a (foreign) religion.

You won't find a post were I've ever said I don't want Muslims here. I just want them living here without the extremism that oozes from their communities, which is a reasonable request. I have also warned that Muslims will eventually be turned on by the people in the West unless they address the extremism problem because that is what I believe. It is an attempt to warn of indiscriminate bigotry to come and what needs to happen to avoid it.

You label legitimate criticism and honest opinion as bigotry to justify ignoring it. It has been going on for years and on Thursday the people of this country sent a clear message about what they think about that. It's time to listen.

You should read the Sunday rags today!!!! the rich and elitist of our Country bleating like stuck pigs because the not listened to among us have now spoken out, telling them that things must change and that a fairer system must now be put in place in England and Wales where all can have a piece of the action .

Tell us how things must change and why just England and Wales,Scotland voted to be part of the UK and must accept what the UK does.

Scrap free movement and get immigration down to 50,000 will put us into severe recession?

Selective immigration that increase the population by 50,000 positive contributors is far better than increasing it by 50,000 positive contributor and 25,000 negative contributors. You need to explain why you think bringing net immigration down will cause a severe recession?

What beggars belief is the sheer arrogance of the remain side . Many MP`s , political commentators ,and many on social media ( including this forum) claim people only voted to leave as a protest vote. Unbelievable.

They are so arrogant they just cannot accept that 52% of the country have simply had enough of being a member of a dictatorship in Brussels, and want out.

Their contempt of people who voted to leave is staggering .

oh yes the lion roared. I hope it keeps roaring when the economy contracts
It will keep on roaring, don't worry.

It's an automatic reflex: when someone stands behind the lion with two bricks and, every time they...

:D

This still isn't quite right. Bigotry requires the 'dislike' to be based on a degree of ignorance or prejudice.

I would strongly disagree that is is bigotry to, for example, dislike and criticise the religious for practising, propagating and perpetuating belief in a super-bigot god who is going to burn in hell all non-believers and homosexuals. Standing up against bigoted beliefs should not be regarded as itself bigotry. Ergo, if immigrants wanting to enter the country hold (religious) beliefs that are contrary to our own values and principles then I think it is legitimate to at least ask ourselves whether we want them here without beating ourselves up and worrying whether it is racist or bigoted.

Bigotry does not require the need for prejudice and ignorance. As I said in another post, it is actually bigoted to dislike racists and bigots for their beliefs. Ironic, but true. I am a proud bigot in that if anyone here believes in the supremacy of the Arayan race, for instance, I dislike you for your beliefs. A bigot doesn't have to be a nasty person.

Quad erat demonstrandum. Did you even read what I said? Even if there were a million muslims in Parsons Cross, would they leave because of the EU?

By the way, I did state I edited the post, if I had posted it here in full it would be pretty darned obvious it was racist.

I did read what you said. You called the ladies post racist claptrap after describing her attack on Muslims. This is not a racist thing to do, but a bigoted thing.

If the lady had said "this place is infested with Pakistanis", it would be a racist comment. Unless you edited her post to such a degree that you actually changed it's meaning, she said nothing racist whatsoever. The claptrap claim has some merit, but the racist claim has none.

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 11:19 ----------

What beggars belief is the sheer arrogance of the remain side . Many MP`s , political commentators ,and many on social media ( including this forum) claim people only voted to leave as a protest vote. Unbelievable.

They are so arrogant they just cannot accept that 52% of the country have simply had enough of being a member of a dictatorship in Brussels, and want out.

Their contempt of people who voted to leave is staggering .

It was a triumph of anti-intellectualism. The demographic that voted leave was largely uneducated and poor. The problem with democracy is that two idiots can outvote a genius.

Bigotry does not require the need for prejudice and ignorance. As I said in another post, it is actually bigoted to dislike racists and bigots for their beliefs. Ironic, but true. I am a proud bigot in that if anyone here believes in the supremacy of the Arayan race, for instance, I dislike you for your beliefs. A bigot doesn't have to be a nasty person.

I did read what you said. You called the ladies post racist claptrap after describing her attack on Muslims. This is not a racist thing to do, but a bigoted thing.

If the lady had said "this place is infested with Pakistanis", it would be a racist comment. Unless you edited her post to such a degree that you actually changed it's meaning, she said nothing racist whatsoever. The claptrap claim has some merit, but the racist claim has none.

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 11:19 ----------

It was a triumph of anti-intellectualism. The demographic that voted leave was largely uneducated and poor. The problem with democracy is that two idiots can outvote a genius.

This proves my point perfectly. :roll:

This proves my point perfectly. :roll:

Do you disagree with the lage body of evidence that it was overwhelmingly the poor and uneducated that voted leave? Also, you don't know what way I voted, if I voted at all.

You are trying to reinvent the word and it doesn't work like that. Your definition is simply wrong.