Top turns back in the day in the local working mens clubs.

I recall -tho' not of drinking age then-'Ronnie Dukes an Rickie Lee, Toni Dali and Gerry Dorsey (later Englebert Humpderdink.)When my dad used to take me to his club at Sunday lunch, kid's allowed in then.

Saw Def Leppard play at the Dial House WMC before they became famous.

They were the support band for Bitter Suite who were on the same bill.

Norman Collier,Duggie Brown,Chapman Brown,The Daizies, Glen Dale and the Kandies

Not a band but Tony Adams and grandad ventriloquist was funny

Also Barton brothers comedy act no one would dare go to toilet while they we're on stage

Every children's Christmas party at Crookes working men's club it was the Nolans. We watched them grow up through the years.

Flo Midwood at the Midhill on Eastbank Road.

Just returned from 60s music weekend in Whitby where,amongst others,Dave Berry still earning a crust.We were reminiscing about all the good nights in Sheffield clubs,what are your memories?
I used to go to the Wood seats WMC, Duggie Brown, Charlie Williams, The Krankies, Little and Large. Groups, Bitter Suite, Octopus, Daizies, Paper Lace, Jason's Flock, the lady singer went onto sing with Brotherhood of Man.

Colin "Fingers" Henry was on this year's Britain's Got Talent, he did the same act that I saw him do at The Dial House in 1975

Was having a drink with Fingers a few months ago ,he is living at Barnby Dunn Doncaster and has done for a few years.He is in his seventies and has just packed up doing the cruise ships that he has done for the last ten to fifteen years.Been all around the world so he as made a good life for himself.

---------- Post added 14-07-2016 at 17:49 ----------

Just returned from 60s music weekend in Whitby where,amongst others,Dave Berry still earning a crust.We were reminiscing about all the good nights in Sheffield clubs,what are your memories?

Used to go to the sixties weekends at Butlins Skeggy up to 5 or 6 years ago.They were GREAT.Fourtunes,Dave Berry,Hollies,Searches,Marmalade,Vanity Fair,Ivy League,Manfred Mann,Animals,Union gap,Edison Lighthouse,Tremelose,Dreamers,just to name a few that appeared .Brill weekends full of memories.

The late Paul Shane did a lot of clubs in the sixties and early seventies, around south Yorkshire. Funny bloke, could sing a bit as well. Bobby Knutt was another funny lad too

Yes Paul Shane, a Rotherham born bloke and I think Tony Christie was from Conisbrough and he played the Sheffield and Rotherham area clubs before finding record fame early '70s.

Chuck Fowler , Valtino, Carls Fables and New Formula all brilliant.

I was head over heels in love with the lead singer (Phil) of a group called Beeba!! I was a teenager and thought I would marry him, ahhhh happy memories

wolf " j " fly wheel were good , and the lead singer jack turned to being a comedian for a while