Lifes too short.believe me.

i lost my nan three weeks ago.yes she died.she was 96.i hadnt seen her for four years,just thought she would live forever.i loved her dearly but never took the time to see her.food for thought you never know how much you love someone til there gone.i know,it came too late for me.so take heed.show your loved one you care.i know my nan knows i love her and one day i will see her again.i truly believe that. that does bring great comfort.

sorry to hear about your nan, but she lived a good age, and we all dont realise at times how long its been not seeing someone, and you do realise when they have gone that you should have seen them more. but im sure your nan knew you loved her. we all find something to feel guilty about when someone dies, wishing we had seen them more or done more, it makes us realise what we miss about them. my hubby died 6 weeks ago today and i even miss the things i didnt like about him but tolerated because i loved him.i have been every week to the cemetary since he died and yesterday they had put his stone on and it felt so final seeing his name there that it made me cry, but all so nice that theres a name to a grave.

"life is too short"

96???

thats a cracking innings, good on the ol' girl :)

Please don't think I'm being horrible here, but the OP was right time is fleeting and we shouldn't neglect our loved ones.

For anyone that's comforting themselves with the idea that people just "know" you love them ... if you never show that you care, by seeing them, dropping them a little note or a card, sending some flowers or even doing anything for them. Just HOW are they supposed to know that you do?

I come across a lot of elderly people who tell me proudly about their children and grandchildren and other relatives, happy times past, and then the sad, telling little remark at the end "of course I don't see anything of them these days, they're all so busy"

In fact, I'm going to start right now before it's too late, there are quite a few people I used to be close to before I discovered the Forum, and I've neglected them to sit here posting to strangers instead *blush*

To MissNovak, condolences on your loss of a loved one, I hope you don't take what I said personally, there is no way I am being critical of anyone, just endorsing your heartfelt comments.

Summer1955, my sincere condolences to you on the sad loss of your husband. It's hard to imagine how you must be feeling now, the grieving passes eventually but the happy memories always remain to comfort.

ruby x

I thought this a few months ago. a good friend off my (parents) like we grew up with them.

was told had 6 months to live. this person is only early 60s'

could be June this year. but at the momen. this person is doing better then they thought.

but could you honestly go on, if you were told that.

every time I think about it, you just fill up.

it does make you think about people around you. and yourself. !!

I'm only 26 but earlier this week I had what felt like a heart heart but as I'd neverhadone before I had nothing to compare it to so didn't know what was happening, onthe way to the hospital my heart stopped luckily I had good paramedics and they got it started again. So i supposei'm lucky to be alive andits only just sinking in now. it's been a strange week for me but I'm starting to see what matters and what doesn't.

Sorry about your nan.Hope you are ok.

My grandad passed on 9 years ago now,and i love him dearly,he was a star.

I just wish i could see him one last time,he always knew how much i loved him and the feeling was mutual,

They say time is a good healer,but in my case i will never ever heal.

I really do miss him.

Hey as long as your nan knew you loved her, and you knew she loved you too.that helps.

Those memories and feelings no one can ever take away from you.

Sending you a great big hug.

Beamer.

my aunty died 10/11 years ago. everyone says we were so alike. looked similar. she is the only person I am like.

I was only late teens and never really knew.

because I was young you just take things for granted. I wish she was still around to see the day I got married and things.

she was like my best friend. everyone said.

and I really never knew her.

she was great.

sorry to hear about your nan, but she lived a good age, and we all dont realise at times how long its been not seeing someone, and you do realise when they have gone that you should have seen them more. but im sure your nan knew you loved her. we all find something to feel guilty about when someone dies, wishing we had seen them more or done more, it makes us realise what we miss about them. my hubby died 6 weeks ago today and i even miss the things i didnt like about him but tolerated because i loved him.i have been every week to the cemetary since he died and yesterday they had put his stone on and it felt so final seeing his name there that it made me cry, but all so nice that theres a name to a grave.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS.SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS.YOU MUST REALLY MISS HIM.KINDEST REGARDS.

i lost my nan three weeks ago.yes she died.she was 96.i hadnt seen her for four years,just thought she would live forever.i loved her dearly but never took the time to see her.food for thought you never know how much you love someone til there gone.i know,it came too late for me.so take heed.show your loved one you care.i know my nan knows i love her and one day i will see her again.i truly believe that. that does bring great comfort.

it was 7 years since you last saw her actualy

edit

i only posted this reply as your inbox on here is full

This applies to everyone. We've been together 40 years and NEVER go to sleep without saying "I love you" or giving a kiss when we seperate even to go to work or shops.I know it sounds like habit but one we will never break because we mean what we're saying.