Man assaulted in tunnel by the Sheaf View 13/06/2016

There is an alarming post on Facebook Only in Meersbrook group about a local guy who was mugged on his bike going through the tunnel last night, he was badly bruised and shaken up and his glasses broken. It appears there is a group of youths hanging around there and people have been intimidated several times recently, police haven't been able to do anything. It is a useful shortcut but clearly not safe. Don't use it.

There is an alarming post on Facebook Only in Meersbrook group about a local guy who was mugged on his bike going through the tunnel last night, he was badly bruised and shaken up and his glasses broken. It appears there is a group of youths hanging around there and people have been intimidated several times recently, police haven't been able to do anything. It is a useful shortcut but clearly not safe. Don't use it.

There are a lot of big lads who frequent the Sheaf View why not go down and have a word with the little sods.

Edited by samssong

I like all the descriptions people give of this tunnel, very accurate location wise (tunnel near Dunelm Mill" - "Tunnel under railway near the sheaf view", but does nobody just call it "SKELLY'S BRIDGE" any more?

Apparently its the kids from Abbeydale who have been 'dispersed' from the area, now knocking about elsewhere. They'll pick on the wrong people one of these days, hopefully!

It's the Asian gang from what's become known as the "Abbeydale Corridor" targeting lone males in the Nether Edge/Sharrow/Heeley areas that come off Abbeydale and London Roads. How such a relatively small group of people are allowed to verbally and physically attack people going about their own business with such frequency and little to no repercussions is sickening. They need to stop going into the mosque to talk to them, stop having chummy chats with them on the streets once a month and actually start throwing them in cells.

It's the Asian gang from what's become known as the "Abbeydale Corridor" targeting lone males in the Nether Edge/Sharrow/Heeley areas that come off Abbeydale and London Roads. How such a relatively small group of people are allowed to verbally and physically attack people going about their own business with such frequency and little to no repercussions is sickening. They need to stop going into the mosque to talk to them, stop having chummy chats with them on the streets once a month and actually start throwing them in cells.

I wonder if their parents know what is going on, they seem to have been getting away with this sort of behaviour for a while.

I only ever walk through this tunnel during the middle of the day, and even then it's dark and horrible. I can't imagine what it's like at night when you have to walk over the river bridge too.

It's similar to Frog Walk in a way.

A lot of posters on the original photo jumped to the conclusion that this isn't a "race" issue, and while I agree to an extent, it certainly seems to be a cultural one: the families of the youths involved seem unwilling or unable to raise them in a reasonable way.

A lot of posters on the original photo jumped to the conclusion that this isn't a "race" issue, and while I agree to an extent, it certainly seems to be a cultural one: the families of the youths involved seem unwilling or unable to raise them in a reasonable way.

My bold=

I never hear this said when it concerns white youths in places like manor, px, Southey, high green etc etc.

When white youths misbehave in a similar fashion do you assume that there is a problem with white culture or is it only applicable to non white cultures?

Keep your prejudiced views out of it, these kids are scumbags and yes there maybe a race element to it and the police need to get the situation under control.

[/b]

My bold=

I never hear this said when it concerns white youths in places like manor, px, Southey, high green etc etc.

When white youths misbehave in a similar fashion do you assume that there is a problem with white culture or is it only applicable to non white cultures?

Keep your prejudiced views out of it, these kids are scumbags and yes there maybe a race element to it and the police need to get the situation under control.

I absolutely think the youths causing problems in PX, Manor etc are part of a cultural problem! Why would you assume I didn't? It's a problem caused by prevalent attitudes and circumstances in non-working class communities, and you see it up and down the country in similar areas of poor educational attainment, low aspiration and benefits handouts where poor parenting skills predominate. As I say, this is absolutely symptomatic of issues within non-working class white culture.

This is also true in the case of the youths who have persistently verbally and physically abused (predominantly but not exclusively) white lone males over the past months and years in that specific area. A culture has been allowed to develop amongst a specific community where such violence is enabled and tolerated (if it weren't, it wouldn't still be happening) and this needs to be challenged with the utmost vigour, as it does in PX and Manor etc. Understanding why these things happen is the only way of finding a solution. Pretending the fact the criminals in the case of the "Abbeydale Corridor" gang aren't from a particular section of the community is laughable, as are your attempts to call me prejudiced. I'm not remotely prejudiced: I'm a realist.

Finally, why did you end your rant with the bizarre statement that "there maybe (sic) a race element to it"? That completely undermines what you said before and also suggests my point was about race, whereas in fact I emphasised culture.

Edited by amazon123

[/b]

My bold=

Don't bite Mafya..

You can't educate some folk..