Euro 2016 General Thread

How much is Bale paid?

So you're saying that Bale never earned his wages, he bloody did; not like that bald git Rooney or Dire, or Sterling & Kane or all the others v Iceland.

So you're saying that Bale never earned his wages, he bloody did; not like that bald git Rooney or Dire, or Sterling & Kane or all the others v Iceland.

What do they get paid for representing England? It isn't very much I don't think...

Bale was also an ambassador for Wales too not like our lot who crawled back under a stone,no they didn't they crawled on their fantastic holiday destinations.

Bale was also an ambassador for Wales too not like our lot who crawled back under a stone,no they didn't they crawled on their fantastic holiday destinations.

Yes Rooney on his 160k a week yacht

Yes Rooney on his 160k a week yacht

They're all overpaid Pete though some do entertain the public but the wages are discusting,just seen Klopps been given a better contract,did he win the double last year?

Dreadful final at the moment. Neither team deserves to win.

Tackle if you call it that on Ronaldo was way over aggressive and deserved a yellow card.

As I said before, Kante,Martial and Coman should be in the first 11.

Giroud and Matuidi are not good enough - period.

Sissoko did play well and was a threat.

Martial is clearly one of the best attacking players in the EPL,if not the best - what is he doing sitting on the bench?

Coman is the Marcus Rashford of French football and created numerous chances when he came on.

Kante is possibly the best holding midfielder in the world - and never got a run!

I blame the manager entirely - he makes Hodgson look like a genius.

I thought the Dechamps the French manager got it wrong last night, I thought France didn't have the same intent going forward as they did in the semi final, but credit to Portugal the way they set up and defended was so resolute. I think however this tournament has showed how modern football is changing as it is a lot less attacking games and it seems to be being played at a lot slower pace.

It just goes to show there's very little difference between failure and success,Portugal were abysmal in the opening games and I wonder what their odds were in the group stages then they go on to win it,the football wasn't exciting and I only wanted them to win it after Ronaldo went off.

I think in general it has been a very poor tournament, the increase to 24 teams has let too many mediocre teams through to the finals. This then leads to the ridiculous 3rd place qualification from the group stages which totally ruined them as a spectacle as team set themselves up not to lose. No team should qualify for the knockouts that hasn’t won a group game (yes you Portugal). Most of the games were dull affairs with only Wales v Belgium being even remotely memorable. Another instance of the money man spoiling the beautiful game.

Yes more games equal more money.

In the cricket WC it goes over something like 6 weeks.

The first 4 weeks there are two groups of 6 with 4 qualifying from each group!

When you consider there are certain teams that are so far below the others - the first 4 weeks are a non event.

You can win your group and then in the Quarter Final K.O you will play the 4th placed team in the other group.

If you lose that game you are out!

Happened to South Africa - they won every group match and were knocked out by a team that barely scrapped through.

16 teams is more than enough for the Euro's. - though standby for an additional 8 teams to make it up to 32.

Money over quality.

I No team should qualify for the knockouts that hasn’t won a group game (yes you Portugal).

it's not as if it never happened before. Italy didn't win any of their group games in the 1982 World Cup tournament, which they also went on to win like Portugal did this Euro one.