Euro 2016 General Thread

Nobody wins unless everybody wins

So therefore both Iceland and France should go through to the next round

Why not just make all the teams winners?

Then we are all winners

good luck with that one. As usual, England have been eliminated. And even more embarrassingly than usual. Meanwhile Wales are flying the British European banner, with Gareth Bale being one of the best players in the entire world, never mind Europe. England have never had a player as good as that in recent times - Gareth Bale plays in Spain, and it shows. He's good. A proper world-class player.

Wales have proved already that they can beat anybody but what Wales don't want, in the final is France. They'd prefer Germany.

The irony of Wales victory over Belgium, is all three Welsh goals were scored by players born in England ;)

The irony of Wales victory over Belgium, is all three Welsh goals were scored by players born in England ;)

Compared to four goals in four games from the England squad. Wales seem to have made the better selections.

I would to wish Wales all the best tonight and hope they win, let's not forget the late great Gary Speed laid the foundations of this team and Chris Coleman has built the house, so for Gary come on Wales. His dad Roger was on BBC this morning and bursting with pride, and almost 5 years on still fighting the tears RIP Gary.

They'll return home to a heroes welcome, unlike England.

They'll return home to a heroes welcome, unlike England.

Rather a lot of nonsense about them being heroes and playing with pride. I hate that sugary junk.

Last night they were awful against an awful Portugal side (no wins in the group stages, got through by the skin of their teeth. No wins at all in normal time).

I wanted Wales to win but they were shocking last night.

Rather a lot of nonsense about them being heroes and playing with pride. I hate that sugary junk.

Last night they were awful against an awful Portugal side (no wins in the group stages, got through by the skin of their teeth. No wins at all in normal time).

I wanted Wales to win but they were shocking last night.

Wales were poor last night but Bale did his best, all over the pitch I cannot believe that a team that has won only 1 game in regulation 90 minutes is in final which, I will not be watching. The bit about Wales being heroes and playing with pride is 100% true, not like them overpaid overpampered excuse of a team England.

I thought Portugal finally played near their best last night. They dominated, especially in midfield and Ronaldo was excellent. That leap for his goal was extraordinary.

France have left out Martial and Kante.

Sissoko is playing instead of Kante - based on performance that is nuts.

Martial is possibly one of the best wingers in the world - if not the best.

Giroud is playing and Martial is sitting on the bench!

Still fancy France to edge it though.

Coman is another superstar sitting on the bench.

Deuchamps selections make no sense at all - sorry but this guy is a complete fruit cake.

I have just realised England have beaten all the four semi final teams in the last year.

Does that mean England are the best team in Europe ?

France have left out Martial and Kante.

Sissoko is playing instead of Kante - based on performance that is nuts.

Martial is possibly one of the best wingers in the world - if not the best.

Giroud is playing and Martial is sitting on the bench!

Still fancy France to edge it though.

Coman is another superstar sitting on the bench.

Deuchamps selections make no sense at all - sorry but this guy is a complete fruit cake.

The result says otherwise ;);)

I haven't watched the match but I'd suggest deschamps has picked a side (or sides - he's mixed things up throughout) to do a job and not been afraid to bench the big names to fit his system and way of playing, and beating the opposition. And they knew their jobs. It's worked.

Take note future England manager.

Wales were poor last night but Bale did his best, all over the pitch I cannot believe that a team that has won only 1 game in regulation 90 minutes is in final which, I will not be watching. The bit about Wales being heroes and playing with pride is 100% true, not like them overpaid overpampered excuse of a team England.

How much is Bale paid?