Do you suffer from lBS ?

I suffer from IBS which causes bloating and cramps in the bowel. I've tried everything to get rid of it. Buscopan, peppermint oil, charcoal tablets, cutting out painkillers but nothing works. I know I shouldn't grumble when people have cancer but the worst thing about it is that the bloating presses on your abdomen causing pain in the spine. Does anyone else have this awful condition ?

It doesn’t look as though a cure has been found for IBS .

Edited by pattricia

On 07/03/2020 at 07:26, pattricia said:

It doesn’t look as though a cure has been found for IBS .

I wish it had Pat, Sarah is still on Mebeverine for it.  She gets really bad wind which comes up rather than goes down,  We often have to give her gaviscon which seems to help.

On 10/03/2020 at 23:16, jane2008 said:

I wish it had Pat, Sarah is still on Mebeverine for it.  She gets really bad wind which comes up rather than goes down,  We often have to give her gaviscon which seems to help.

Only just seen this reply Jane. I’ve just started taking Mebeverine again but has no effect whatsoever. Gaviscon can settled the stomach but can cause constipation in the long term.