Fishing local to s35?

hello folk

ive often drove past lovely pond on herries rd just past the large bridge for many years and thought to myself id love to fish that as it looks very beautiful and peaceful and with the looks of things with many people fishing on it,it must be good so i decided to drive in and ask.

on entering i asked a oldish man in his 60s if it was possible for me to fish here and how much will it be for the year.

he asked me what area im from and told him s35 and he said sorry only thes4, s5,s6 area can fish this pond.

when i said please im local and always loved this pond and im willing to pay and stand to any rules as im a true fisherman and fished for many years and fish alone. he got abit harsh with me saying listen to me if i start letting people like you in from out of s4, s5,s6 they will all start coming in..answers no pal.. s4 s5 s6 only..after that i dont think i want to go back there now. but i find that really unfair to those local but not in s4, s5,s6 area unfair..should be fair play to all..just dont see the problem tbh..

Edited by leeby

I can see your point leeby but if the pond was open to all, a limit would have to be set on permits issued to prevent over subscription as there are only just over 30 pegs. Current permit holders would have first option so it's doubtful you'd get one in any case. Should membership fall to such a level that the postcode area could be extended then that's a different matter but it's highly unlikely to happen.

I don't know who you spoke to but they should have been more courteous and I can only apologise on their behalf.

I can see your point leeby but if the pond was open to all, a limit would have to be set on permits issued to prevent over subscription as there are only just over 30 pegs. Current permit holders would have first option so it's doubtful you'd get one in any case. Should membership fall to such a level that the postcode area could be extended then that's a different matter but it's highly unlikely to happen.

I don't know who you spoke to but they should have been more courteous and I can only apologise on their behalf.

Apologies accepted I'm not that disheartened more disappointed but just saying most ponds have 30 pegs and theirs no combustion on what I've experienced on other ponds? If a ponds full then find another. Anyway it looks like I'm out then with not being in the areas involved. Shame really as I say and wish every fisherman a great year fishing.. ;-)