High Green what's it like now?

I moved to the area recently. It seems nice so far, but I am in a quiet bit, and the neighbours seem really nice. On my bus ride home, I have noticed there are some areas which appear 'rough', and the police helicopter is a regular occurrence. I also saw a motorbike riding on the footpath the other day (probably off-road and illegal), I'm assuming this is a common reason for the police helicopter being dispatched, with the woods nearby?

I went for a walk the other day and the three people I came across all said 'good morning' to me :)

ever noticed council estates and rough areas tend to be in the same place

My sister and family have lived there for over 30 years. They have never really had problems, but for some reason I don't like it.

It always seems to be in the middle of nowhere with nothing to offer and no redeeming features. My niece moved down to Chapeltown a few years ago and much prefers that. And left me with the option of taking on their house when I needed to move back to the area. But I chose Barnsley instead. Nuff said I would have thought...

I lived there for 20 years and regularly go back to see family.

It is a scum hole in the middle of nowhere with extraordinarily poor transport links. In theory the areas close access to woodland and some countryside should make it a pleasant place but the reality is that these places are just hideaways for scumbags training themselves for eventually becoming the drunks, drug abusers and vandals that make High Green itself such an unpleasant place to be around.

It is a scum hole in the middle of nowhere with extraordinarily poor transport links. In theory the areas close access to woodland and some countryside should make it a pleasant place but the reality is that these places are just hideaways for scumbags training themselves for eventually becoming the drunks, drug abusers and vandals that make High Green itself such an unpleasant place to be around.

Pretty much sums it up.

As always though it's quite obvious some people badmouthing the place live on the other side of the city. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I wonder why?

Don't be afraid to say what you think. :hihi:

You could buy a house in a nicer area for the prices I have seen the houses go for.

The house prices are high because it is one of the better areas , if you want to live in a hell hole the prices are a fraction of the cost .

As said good and bad every where, i have lived here for 50 years and i would not live any where else

For the same price as some of the houses you could get a house in a better area is all I am saying.

For the same price as some of the houses you could get a house in a better area is all I am saying.

Where are the better areas for same price???

---------- Post added 24-08-2015 at 01:00 ----------

We have lived on the charlton drive estate for 10 years..lovely and quiet

Parks and country side nearby

Chapeltown is great for train station, supermarket, swimming baths, Scouts, kids cricket, library, football, hockey clubs etc less than one mile m1 close by

Yes there is an estate but it isn't so bad ....name a postcode in the Sheffield that doesn't have patchy areas

I think it is great value for a family